Perch cleaning

smokerman

Anybody know of anyone in the Port Burwell area that cleans perch for a price? I remember a women in the Port Dover area used to do it for 25 cents a fish.

wrencher

Heard Kingfisher on town side by beach now offers that service. It was sold and is services that changed with new owners. Heard that they open at 4:30 serve coffee too

smokerman

Yup they do. Called them 0.50 cents a fish. Not too bad I have to say I dread cleaning 50 perch after driving 2 hrs to get home. Thanks for the tip!!

monty smith

You can put them in frige and clean them the next day. Have done this many times. I use an electric Rapla Filleting Knife works great. When blades wear out replacement blade is around $12.00.
Trust this helps you and saves the cost of 50 cents a perch. I also believe when you fillet your own fish, you donot need to worry about bones in the fillet.
Tight Lines[}:)]8D

quinner01

Yes, I also will sometimes put them in the fridge, if I am too tired from fishing or have to go to work. Then clean them that night, or the next day. Works great.

quackers

Might be worth $.50 for scaled, skin on butterflied, but for just skinless boneless I go rapala electric also. 2 guys can do 100 in an hour and a bit depending on beer breaks.

TMAN

I freeze them as is 8-10 per bag. Then take them out when ready to cook, fillet and cook that day. this way I only fillet a few at a time and not having to spend time filleting them after a day of fishing.... always worked well and is easier on home life. Gives me an extra hour on water and when I am home I am able to help with kids and such within 20 mns

Endeavour to Persevere

onmedic

electric here too. not sure where you are from but Angling Outfitters just outside Woodstock has the blades.

scribe

There was a guy who lived between Langton and Walsingham on Highway 59 that had a sign out saying he cleaned fish. Not 100 % sure if he's still there. Was on the east side of the road. Might be worth a drive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks