Off Topic perch charters

packrat

does anyone do a charter for these guys in particular----really want to get into some serious? fishing for them:LOL:

So do I but the problem is finding them
Hopefully this year will be better
If they are there we don’t mind taking a couple extra fishermen with us

My hopes as well. I've always said the perch were there. We just need to learn how to fish them ie baits suspended or bottom but first you need to find them. Last year I found a school but only managed a couple dinks. Walleye has been king and its hard to pass them up as a charter. And if I find perch that are catchable I do perch charters.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter how many perch you clean
They’re never going to be easier than a walleye 🤷🏻
I dunno bout that @Derkd9

Whether I'm using my powered filet knife or choosing to clean them with the non powered filet knife I have in my tackle box, I always do both walleye and perch the same way. Cut behind the gills, then I just cut right through the rib bones as I take the filet off the carcass, remove the ribs, nice filets every time, and quick, don't lose much meat if any. Then I vac seal them and into the freezer they go. I'll zip the walleye when I take it out to cook it.

Whether I'm using my powered filet knife or choosing to clean them with the non powered filet knife I have in my tackle box, I always do both walleye and perch the same way. Cut behind the gills, then I just cut right through the rib bones as I take the filet off the carcass, remove the ribs, nice filets every time, and quick, don't lose much meat if any. Then I vac seal them and into the freezer they go. I'll zip the walleye when I take it out to cook it.
Well I can clean 6 walleye pretty fast and with little to no mishaps
But the perch always take much longer depending how many I caught of course
And there is much more cursing and more beer required to get threw them all

When we use to travel way way down to that area they call Hastings from Burwell. As long as I had somebody cutting the ribs out we could do 100 an hour. Never ever complained about having to clean fish. It's part of the days experience.

I do the same cut as you do Trevor... I think it's called a J- Cut...:giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks