Fishing Report Perch - Bluff Bar - Monday, June 13th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
49 keeper perch 8" to 12" plus 1 bonus walleye this morning at the Bar. Unlike our last time out we only caught a few Jumbo's and released lots of dinks. We bought 1 scoop of minnows at Lake Erie Bait but lots were big enough to cut in half plus I was again able to get almost 50% of my catch on a small tube jig. Albert struggled and gave up on the jig. That said, he also struggled with pike years ago but eventually got more efficient that both myself and the Late John Piggott, who was pretty good.
It was sunny with relatively light winds estimated at 5-8 mph NE to E before noon. We fished in 19 fow using the Minn Kota electric in anchor mode in the east end. Over a dozen boats perching and we stayed about 4 hours before using all our minnows.

Always a pleasure to read your reports Arnie. Thanks for posting and way to go to both you and Albert! Glad you both had a great day! Enjoy your feast! Walleyeman.

I also made it out today , checked out Pottahawk and no bent poles , kept on going to the bluff bar , a dozen plus boats at 10 am. Noticed a few fish being caught so put motorguide on spot lock west of most boats in 16 feet of water. I never moved , landed on a honey hole , non stop action . I have never had a day catching perch like that . One man limit in an hour and a half , very few throw backs , I spent more time catching a decent minnow in the bucket than I did fishing . Big minnow , small minnow , dead minnow didn’t matter .
I am just wondering how long it will last .

That sounds familiar @morgan , We harvested some pike out that area 22-25 inchers a few weeks ago. Perch filled in with less predators.

Last edited by a moderator:
49 keeper perch 8" to 12" plus 1 bonus walleye this morning at the Bar. Unlike our last time out we only caught a few Jumbo's and released lots of dinks. We bought 1 scoop of minnows at Lake Erie Bait but lots were big enough to cut in half plus I was again able to get almost 50% of my catch on a small tube jig. Albert struggled and gave up on the jig. That said, he also struggled with pike years ago but eventually got more efficient that both myself and the Late John Piggott, who was pretty good.
It was sunny with relatively light winds estimated at 5-8 mph NE to E before noon. We fished in 19 fow using the Minn Kota electric in anchor mode in the east end. Over a dozen boats perching and we stayed about 4 hours before using all our minnows.
Sure cant beat that spot lock duck soup love mine

"Sure cant beat that spot lock duck soup love mine"

Yeah Alby......that sure made a world of difference. Only regret I have is not buying the auto deploy feature.

I was out there as well, got there just after lunch and I was the boat beside you who yelled and asked if that was a pickerel when you got it. We fished till 5 and ended up with 85 keepers

I was out there as well, got there just after lunch and I was the boat beside you who yelled and asked if that was a pickerel when you got it. We fished till 5 and ended up with 85 keepers

Yes, I remember your "Starcraft Islander" . I hadn't seen one of those in years and yours was in really nice condition. Congratulations on your outstanding catch.

Yes, I remember your "Starcraft Islander" . I hadn't seen one of those in years and yours was in really nice condition. Congratulations on your outstanding catch.
Yes it’s a nice boat. It’s been in our family since my Grandfather bought it new in 2002

It was nice to see you out there Arnie. My results were similar to yours. It certainly would be nice if perching of this quality keeps up until the walleye move around the tip.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks