Perch at Port Dover

Thirstystone

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This my fist post on the new site.....Just wondering if there are minnows in at Port Dover

Plenty of minnows, perch are probably a bit scarce yet as the water is still quite cold. This rainy week we just had may have triggered a run. I'm going to wait for the water to clear a bit and then will try and get out for some perch this week. But it's likely too early yet. Port Dover Perch Derby starts on Sat April 20 and runs to May 4. Traditionally, the perch show up in good numbers AFTER the derby LOL

Shame it starts on that date because the Orillia Perch Derby starts the same time.
If the dover derby started after they probably would get more people. Plus I think the fishing would be better

I agree Fish Farmer. I've said that for a few years now. The perch fishing from shore doesn't pick up till May, and a lot people who do the derby seem to fish from shore. But at least this year we've had rain to help warm things up, whereas last year there was nothing. Just wait and see I guess. But with trout opener and perch derby coinciding...what's a girl to do??:D

I agree Fish Farmer. I've said that for a few years now. The perch fishing from shore doesn't pick up till May, and a lot people who do the derby seem to fish from shore. But at least this year we've had rain to help warm things up, whereas last year there was nothing. Just wait and see I guess. But with trout opener and perch derby coinciding...what's a girl to do??:D
that's easy-----flip a coin------then do both:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks