Perch and Walleye recipes please

Bassassin

A recent thread about the handling of Walleye for the table is morphing into a recipe thread, so why not share your favorite, or least favorite ways Perch and Walleye are prepared.

I don't know if allowed but this a link to another site with some great Perch recipes as well.

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71025

Here is mine, simple way and crunchy coating.

Lightly dust with flour

Dip in egg beaten together with a splash of milk pre seasoned with Montréal Steak Spice

Then into Panko Japanese bread crumbs, do not stack on plate

Fry

Dry on paper towels and lightly salt and pepper/ change that to set on backing rack above paper towels, thanks @ch312.

I've just now realized that there are other fishing sites on the Interweb, so it has taken me some time to get over this shock before I could make a ruling. But, I've decided now, and my decision is that you guys can link to just about anything you want to, as long as it doesn't go against what you agreed to when you signed up.

I've just now realized that there are other fishing sites on the Interweb, so it has taken me some time to get over this shock before I could make a ruling. But, I've decided now, and my decision is that you guys can link to just about anything you want to, as long as it doesn't go against what you agreed to when you signed up.

You may be in shock Stomp but never fear! Pick up the shattered pieces of your life because your still the best on the web...bar none. ;)

How about a link to "Crocs for a real man";)

Exactly the same way I do them. I deep fry if I have a large crew. I like the french's and clubhouse batter's, because they are handy. If I'm in Michigan I look for 'Drake's' batter, which is by far the best batter I have ever used. Fish crisp & Rocky Madsen has too much salt for my taste. Rather than steak spice I like lemon pepper.

What like orders for those special pride crocs you always wanted.Your clients will all say they are sooo nice!!!

Take your walleye or large perch fillets put in a glass pyrex dish on your favorite salsa mix smother with some mushrooms and onions place in your oven at 350 till the fish flakes cover with your favorite shredded cheese heat till melted then pig out.Ps you could go on Big Dave's perch charter to catch a few of those perch that are the size of a small walleye.

Tried this on the weekend, super simple, no mess, no deepfrying, and taste awesome

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 lbs. Walleye Fillets, Cleaned and Boned
  • 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
  • Freshly-Squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1/4 C. Chopped Parsley
  • Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preparation:
Preheat broiler. Place walleye in single layer on lightly greased broiler pan. Brush fish lightly with oil. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, and pepper; spread mixture onto fish. Broil walleye for 3 to 8 minutes, or until topping is browned and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. About one minute before the fish is completely cooked, sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on the top of the fish. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. Place fish on heated platter; serve at once.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks