Parking at the Old Cut Marina

Interesting.......

Are we paying to launch a boat in the summer and getting free parking or are we paying to park but getting free boat launching?

One thing is for sure. We are paying in the summer for one or the other.

The next question becomes.... why is it okay to pay ten bucks in the summer and not the winter?

Please don't misunderstand me. I like free! I wish my gas, my fishing line, fishing rod, real, auger, bait, skidoo, sleigh, fishing licence, parka, snow pants, long underwear, snow boots, socks, toque, trailer for skidoo, insurance on ( van, skidoo, trailer for skidoo, life and of course liability ) hooks, weights, bobbers, slip knots, portable ice shelter, GPS, food, beverages, slush scoop, registration for ( van, skidoo ), fish finder, filet knife, freezer bags, milk to store fish in freezer bags, electricity for the freezer, the freezer, frying pan, cooking oil, electricity for the stove, the stove, plates, knives and forks, salt and pepper, lemon juice, flour, tires for the van and trailer, e-test for the van, mortgage ( because I need a place to store all that stufff ) insurance on the mortgage, the taxes on all that stuff were all free.

All that being said. There is still free parking. I have found that the best time of day to find good, close, free parking is after 3 pm and the bite is usually hot for the last hour of daylight. Like I said I like free.

Cheers, Clark

Just to clarify. The Old Cut Boat Livery is located in the SOUTH SIDE of Rogers's Ave. that is where you would pay to launch your boat in the summer and get minnows. It's the brown building that says Old Cut Boat Livery in large white letters on it. We are not connected with the Old Cut Marina and we ARE NOT charging for winter parking.

You can park for free during the winter ice fishing season in the large grass parking lot. You will see a white garage and a propane refill station. Please feel free to park there. The entire lot is owned by us and is located right in front of our store.

There are other areas you can park for free but do be mindful of private property and boathouse owners who may want to get to their boathouse.

Hopefully the temperature change expected tomorrow will bring back some good ice. Happy fishing everyone.

Old Cut Boat Livery
www.facebook.com/oldcut

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks