Panfish Search

Double D

Is there any pan fish fishing from Long Point to Turkey Point from shore? I am not looking for anyone's spots. Just wondering if you can access any of the marinas or multiple channels in the area? Or are they all Posted No Trespassing? Looking to do something with the kids for the day while weather is nice. Any info is appreciated it. I would even pay to access/park if there are such places.

Thanks all

I believe TP rock pier is accessible (I see people there in the summer anyhow, just assuming it is OK). Port Rowan marina/pier area as well. You should find enough sunfish to keep the kids happy. Port Dover perch derby starts April 26th I believe. That pier is always open to anyone wanting to cast a line.

You could try Normandale there is a small pier there and you might even get lucky and catch a rainbow or brown

Hi @Double D I sent you a pm

you can review the chart for location ideas here to
originally posted on the thread "Where to go fishing"

Last edited:
when trout season opens saturday April 27th there are lots of oppurtunitys to take your son fishing that are user friendly...

I believe TP rock pier is accessible (I see people there in the summer anyhow, just assuming it is OK). Port Rowan marina/pier area as well. You should find enough sunfish to keep the kids happy. Port Dover perch derby starts April 26th I believe. That pier is always open to anyone wanting to cast a line.
if you're referring to the rock pier(breakwall) in front of the marina ---last time I was there was posted private property---open to correction if i'm wrong

TP pier will be off limits for now while they are dredging the channel. There won't be much action at the Normandale "Pier" this time of year. Your best bet would be panfishing I port rowan pier or port dover for some perch, but I think it's still early with the late thaw. You'd probably have better luck with your kids at Rowan, good luck & let us know how the bite was (y)

Thanks to all for the info. Got out to Turkey Point with the boys and had a blast. Be heading down there somewhere next weekend as well. The boys are now hooked. Boat in water soon and then the real fishing starts.

Glad kids had a blast be nice to see more kids out fishing

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks