Off Topic PAL renewal

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Although I gave up hunting because of mobility issues I still need my PAL because I still have guns. My PAL expired last December 28th on my birthday. I reapplied last October for a renewal. The RCMP took my money the day I applied and sent me a letter in December that they needed a new picture. I sent one in and they sent me another letter saying the new picture was not good enough. I went and had a passport picture taken and sent it in and got the same reply back that it was not good enough. They suggested I get a passport picture taken. DA I went to a different passport place and had another picture taken and sent it in. No more letters were forthcoming. I waited and waited and sent the 3 emails trying to find out the hold up. I just got off the phone with the RCMP firearms division to find out what the hold up is. They told me the PAL was sent out in January but with the wrong address on it. I asked how they got the wrong address as I have a copy of the original renewal form and the 3 emails I sent them and all have my right address on them. She told me she did not know but would reissue my PAL today with the proper address and it should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. And people wonder why the RCMP is screwed up.

No, not really.

I had a similar but much lesser frustration for the same photo issue.

Got a new passport photo and sent it in.

Called the number provided, shows as Girl Guides of Canada..... oh this is gonna be fun.

Then the strike.

Then a call after the strike, " You're not from the RCMP are you? No I'm not."

"Nothing is showing, wait for three weeks and call back."

Fortunately just before the three weeks ended my PAL arrived in the mail.

I keep hearing all these stories about how long it’s taking etc…
Slancy and I renewed last fall online
Took our own photos
and got our new cards in the mail about 3 weeks later 🤷🏻
Guess we got lucky

My cousin submitted his PAL renewal paperwork about a year ago. After numerous phone calls and a couple of letters (he doesn't do emails), he was advised that "it's in the mail". He finally got it about a month ago, 11 months later. I had to renew mine last December, got renewal within a month. Cousin was furious!

Costco gave me doubles 10 years ago and I used the second one of them last time I renewed and had it back in under a month

LOL checked my phone and it was April 2022. Time flies.

Everything is easier with android :D
Apparently it is hahaha

iPhone is still better 😉

Slancy did hers in Sept couple months before her bday
She got it back so fast I figured I’ll try mine it was October at this point.. and my bday wasn’t until May but figured I’ll try anyways
Got it back before the first controlled hunt in november.. 👍
Meanwhile reading people bitching about how long it’s been taking them to get their card and worrying about missing their hunt etc…

Probably trying to force people to go digital

I and a few other people I've talked to had similar issues. All reapplied around Oct/Nov. When I called to check on the status, they told me that they have a record that it was approved and that it was sent out...but I never got it. I was then told they switch card suppliers in January, and that most digital photo's submitted would not work for the new cards. It almost seems like the the old card maker didn't give a S at the end of their contract.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks