Off Topic Painting spoons

Well I know what you are bringing next time we are out on lake together...haha
They might be ok for early season when fish are feeding on small bait....they are smaller than anything I've used on great lakes(cheap to experiment with) will get some larger blanks next time i place an order. Ive had a lot of luck with the black / chartreuse and cant find them any more

just to mention Puddle Jumper..the EGB spoons are normally entended for casting with light line for trout and proved to be successful for us ..they are a thicker spoon giving you a little extra weight for casting..I didn't like the wobble trolling..
If your looking for large selection quality spoon blanks and other lure making supplies check out Lake Erie walleye Candy site
I myself am looking at ordering gold & copper flutter spoons

last season the small tiny shad offered forage for the pickeral to feed uphigh throughout the season... erieau glasgow stanley to dover..i have a few wow facinating sonar shots from last season with spiny flea & shads up high and hills of bottom smelt..with the pickeral suspended..I stuck with running shiners for the most part...

Last edited:
just to mention Puddle Jumper..the EGB spoons are normally entended for casting with light line for trout and proved to be successful for us ..they are a thicker spoon giving you a little extra weight for casting..I didn't like the wobble trolling..
If your looking for large selection quality spoon blanks and other lure making supplies check out Lake Erie walleye Candy site
I myself am looking at ordering gold & copper flutter spoons

last season the small tiny shad offered forage for the pickeral to feed uphigh throughout the season... erieau glasgow stanley to dover..i have a few wow facinating sonar shots from last season with spiny flea & shads up high and hills of bottom smelt..with the pickeral suspended..I stuck with running shiners for the most part...
I've had the EBG for years and have never caught a fish on them ...thats why repainted them.

I've had allot of luck up north for Lakers with the moonshine tear drop casting spoons

3 or 4 years ago I was using little cleos on Erie after first fish we caught spit up couple 1 -1.5" minnows in live well

I will check that website out tomorrow and see what they havè to offer.

Thanks again

very good puddlejumper..ya I agree for casting & trolling the 1/4 to 1/3 oz to 2/5 oz little cleo did well for us both specs and lakers..I went through a few different colours and the metallic blue/chrome and green/chrome fishin those tea coloured clarity lakes were our top choices....yes I would imagine the moonshines would be A great choice..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks