Painting Alum Boat

kegman

Is there anywhere that will paint a aluminum boat? I asked at a few local garages. I have my eye on a boat but it is straight out of the 70's in good shape but the colours are so bad. Its got the old back to back seats that I would probably change to pedestals as well. Any Idea how much it would cost to paint a 23ft?

There's a guy near kitchener that painted my boat a couple years ago. Did an awesome job at a good price. PM me if you want his contact info. If i was to guess a price it would be 2000$ or more for a 23 ft. It would also depend on how much you wanted painted. having it professionally wrapped might be the way to go…probably a bit cheaper too. Also, know a guy in kitchener area that does that too!!

Could do what I did (cause I'm cheap) sand her down prime it and get a can of tremclad, $40 worth of stickers from the internet and you're good! It's been 4 years and it still looks like the day I did it(give or take a bump to the dock (lol)....have finished the white stripe all the way down the bow since this picture was taken.

2011_0424firstyearpics0048.JPG 20121018_141845.jpg

I just did a 18 foot duck boat a wrap was going to be 1750 so i went to a local paint store and got a acrylic paint ordered and it was 45 a gallon and i sprayed it myself and it turned out great. just had to play around with the air pressure as the paint could not be thinned painted a few peices of plywood as practice

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks