Off Topic owensound or southhampton or...?

j-man

question for the group... heading to owensound /port elgin area for holidays and was going to take the boat to do a day of big water fishing. used to be great up that way but not so much anymore I hear. any suggestions on whether I should target owensound area or lake Huron (port elgin) side.

Heard Lakers are being caught in OS area with occasional Salmon. I d look a the wind and decide. Sat seems bad, Sun is flat at the moment

I fished outta Port Elgin a ton last fall. Head straight outta the mouth of the harbour til you hit about 80 then set your lines and work out. Once you hit the 100/110 mark turn north and head past chantry island and the mouth of the saugeen. Keep trolling up and down those lines and you will hit fish. I even got into a whack of walleye one evening last August once I came back down and trolled into the PE harbour.

My buddies wife trolling off my boat won the ladies weekend category in the Chantry derby with a laker we pulled outta that line.

pretty new to thai salmon thing. how deep would I be fishing in lake Huron 90 for for example.

ri use my fish fish hawk and put my riggers between 48-42 degrees

Jason, Lake Huron being gin clear I would start at 35-40 and try there, Might need to go deeper but that is usually a good starting point. Ask the locals at the marina, they are usually pretty helpful.

I can take you out on my boat after lunch today and show you what has worked for me up there?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks