owen sound

moocow

Hey Gang,
Just thinking about Owen Sound, never been. How far out is Thompsons from ramp ? And will we need to venture that far?
Any additional info appreciated,
Moo

Depending on what launch you use. It is about 2 miles or so after you hit the main part of the lake from the west side launch. Any north winds over 10k and don’t bother, best winds are south, south west imo.

Attachments

• 961588F9-56E5-40A0-9974-B9DD04AD0C07.png
    961588F9-56E5-40A0-9974-B9DD04AD0C07.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
couldn't of said it better for launch option at the goodyear plant..
I reccomend calling watsons for a fishing update...they have always been helpful to us...and if you need any fishing tackle needs also..

if its a brisk NE you can always fish the harbour...just a reminder 1 rod per angler...its good to have all your licences & safety equipment in order...

good luck fishin..

Last edited:
Hey @moocow...ya hopefully the weekend offers nice marine weather conditions for everybody...ya dress extra warm...most guys wear survival suits...myself snowmobile suit with wool face mask and extra warm gloves & mitts...I remember one time my chocolate easter rabbit ended up frozen rock hard in my vest pocket... and icicles on the rigger cables...the wind can be bitter cold...on the flip side..its beautiful water & scenary and the fish are quality...wish i was going...

your going on the weekend so it will be very busy...the good year launch is small with limited parking...the best boat launch ramps is right beside the arena on the same south side...theres 3 to 4 ramps side by side with plenty of parking...
again good luck fishin...let us know how you make out..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks