Fishing Report Outer Bay Perch

Consequence Free

Well, the Outer Bay (north shore) perch were finally heating up this week. Took my boys out yesterday for a couple of hours. They lost as many as they caught...still learning the tricks of setting the hook, which can be tricky for perch fishing. Ended up with 15 keepers. Would have been a lot more if I were by myself! lol They had fun, and we ended up with 2 good meals.
18' fow, 69 degrees F, out in front of Normandale. Get out while it's good. Bring lots of minnows.
Cheers!

I'm 54 and my 14 year old son laughs we I do the monster hook set on perch. I out Fish him every time, unless you ask him!!! Great fun fishing with the kids.

Me and the missus went down to normandale yesterday for an impromptu fishing trip with the kayaks. We picked up a scoop of minnows from old cut and were on our way. We launched off the beach and headed out to the little pack of boats. My deeper fish finder told me we were in 17 fow and we were marking fish like crazy so we anchored down. And the bite was on non stop action. We actually started cutting our 2 inch minnows in half. We fished for 3 hours caught 49 keepers and after they were all cleaned up.... 6 lbs of filets. We were 2 happy fishing folks lol.

Last edited:
Just a short question. Where is the best place to buy minnows in this area?

That depends on where you're planning to fish, where you're coming from and how far you're willing to drive. If you're going out of Pt Stanley I'd say A&L Baits. Pt Bruce, there's a few to choose from including North Erie Marina, Betty's, and Rush Creek. Pt Burwell, there's also a few to choose from....Pt Burwell Marina on the south side of the bridge and Otter Creek on the north side are the two I know of there. The only one I know of in Long Point is the Old Cut Marina, and there's one other place in St. Williams, those are the places I know of, but I'm sure there are others who know of more further east than I've mentioned, and being I have not fished the Long Point area this year, I'm not 100% certain of whether those ones are still operating or not.

My neighbor just showed me a picture of the perch he and his grandson caught yesterday, he wasn't sure of exact location but said it was about 15-20 minutes east of Long Point, I told him I had a pretty good idea of roughly where they went (Normandale area is my guess). He said they were catching them in 25 ft of water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks