Outboard intake

kegman

Is there a way to keep the intake clear? Been out in rice lake and been avoiding the weed beds as much as possible but even then still picking up enough to clog my intake. Even at higher speeds.

Welcome to weed season on LPB. The only way to keep it clean I know of is don't go out on the water and we all know That's not realistic. Just be very aware of your water output on you motor (assuming it's an outboard) or as you probably know it'll cost yah big time. Grew up in LP seen my fair share of engines heated up and blown up due to in experience and not paying attention. Good luck.

My Honda has a buzzer that goes off with an in dash red light that comes on and automatically cuts throttle in half if the engine gets heated for any reason. It only went off twice in 16 years, once because of a huge clump of weeds over the intakes and once because the impeller was worn out.

Whenever I'm on weedy lakes I always periodically gun the motor in reverse then forward which usually blows the weeds off. If not then I lift the outboard and dislodge the clump of weeds. Even the electric motors they call weedless are not really weedless.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks