Fishing Report Out of Hibernation a little early this year

Trevor M

Like the title says, I'm OUT of hibernation about 2 weeks early this year. Got a little over half the spring "honey do" list done, so when @Derkd9 contacted me last week asking if I wanted to go fishin today, my wife said ":rolleyes: you can go if you want too" She didn't have to twist my arm so hard tho. :inpain::ROFLMAO:

So I met up with @Derkd9 this morning and we headed to Long Point to get in on the perch catchin that's been rumored to be happening down that-a-way.
We did ok for the first time out this year. He's giving me the one finger salute because I told him too. He had just caught that one while I was throwin one back about the size of that finger he's saluting with :ROFLMAO:

Between us we threw back 30 and kept 57 and then split them. I came home with 27 he had the rest.

On the way back in I saw a boat I was fairly certain I recognized, so I had him head towards it and sure enough, we pulled up alongside @tailfeathers so we shot the breeze with him for a couple minutes then headed back in and home.

Thanks for taking me @Derkd9 I had a great time. We'll have to do it again.

We even made sure to include a thumbs up picture for @Red Hering.

Attachments

• 57 kept 30 thrown back to grow some more April 15 2024 with Derk9.jpg
    57 kept 30 thrown back to grow some more April 15 2024 with Derk9.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 141
  • April 15 2024 inner bay long point first trip out of hibernation with Derk9.jpg
    April 15 2024 inner bay long point first trip out of hibernation with Derk9.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Derk9 and I did ok April 15 2024.jpg
    Derk9 and I did ok April 15 2024.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Derk9 and I givin a thumbs up just for Red Hering after a relatively successful day on the wat...jpg
    Derk9 and I givin a thumbs up just for Red Hering after a relatively successful day on the wat...jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Derk9 with a biggun April 15 2024.jpg
    Derk9 with a biggun April 15 2024.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Derk9 with another kinda biggun April 15 2024.jpg
    Derk9 with another kinda biggun April 15 2024.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Excellent fishing guys! Glad you got into them. Beauty looking cooler there Derkd9 and Trevor. Nothing like Erie Gold! Congrats to both of you and as always- Enjoy your fry! Derkd9- Did you launch out of Collins? If you did- great spot- everything in one spot! Can't beat it. Enjoy fellows!

Excellent fishing guys! Glad you got into them. Beauty looking cooler there Derkd9 and Trevor. Nothing like Erie Gold! Congrats to both of you and as always- Enjoy your fry! Derkd9- Did you launch out of Collins? If you did- great spot- everything in one spot! Can't beat it. Enjoy fellows!
Thanks!
We launched out of Collin’s it’s nice place
We got into some of the perch out front there but better size caught on the other side of the bay today for us

Thanks for the good company @Trevor M I had a good time fishing with you
And we will certainly do it again 👍
Some of my half hit the frying pan already 🤤
View attachment 85852
I just vac sealed all of mine. She wanted popcorn chicken and fries, and since I was hungry and I didn't feel like making a mess that I would have to clean anyways, I decided to have the same. Very little dishes.

Great job on first time out guys!!! It doesn't get any better than that with a beauty box of tasty Erie perch.
Nicely done boys!!! 😄
Hope the boat ran well Derek. 👍

Last edited:
Excellent start to a new fishing season, congrats! I'll be coming out of hibernation myself this weekend. I'll be looking for some early season channel cats, at Port Bruce and Port Burwell.

Excellent start to a new fishing season, congrats! I'll be coming out of hibernation myself this weekend. I'll be looking for some early season channel cats, at Port Bruce and Port Burwell.
I have half that list to get done (which weather permitting will be completed by the end of this week or early next.) After I get it done she generally lets me go fishin whenever I want to go (within reason) so I'm lookin at being on the pier for the first time, with my gear, by the end of next week maybe (weather permitting.) and she'll be taking the first of her 4 weeks vacation beginning at 5pm on May 9th so depending on what we're doing (she still hasn't decided what she wants to do or where) that week I might be able to get out a few times.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks