Open Morning Double Up !!

apps

Great morning , turkey in front of us all morning ! First tom came out into field with 3 hens and 4 jakes , jakes were in the decoys instantly and the tom stay out in field with hens strutting around , then I looked to the left and I seen a tom coming on a run into fight with tommy decoy , told Mrs. apps to get ready and before she knew it , the tom was on top of the decoy picking and kicking him but that was a good enough shot for Mrs. apps because before I knew it there was a tom down , everything stay in field after the shot in fact another tom came out but stay wide of decoys , everything wondered off and I said to Mrs. apps let wait and see what will happen , so we let it go quit 1/2 hour and I give out a call an sure enough 2 more toms came out with 1 hen and sure enough he had to come see what was going on in the decoys so I took him , Mrs. apps tom 22lbs 11 oz 9 1/2 " beard 1 1/8 " spurs , my bird was 22lb 6 oz 10"beard and had a defect cause it had no spurs !....................apps

Last edited:
Way to go! I just got in from my run going out in an hour!

BD

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks