Off Topic One year ago today

At least it was just a snip and pull back through.
I’ve been lucky, only one small treble in my finger so far.

That is one way to get to the point. I am sadly a pro at pulling hooks out - way more experience than I signed up for. But as Red said - if the Women don't find ya handsome, at least they should find ya handy (when someone gets hooked up :) )

Been there done that @hvyhaul except the Walleye thrashed around like crazy when I got him in the boat and he put the RRF into my right leg and I could not get the Trebles out for the life of me. I managed to get the Walleye off the RRF and put him in the livewell and then remove the RRF body from the Trebles but that was it. I tried for an hour but they would not come out. The surgeon at Strathroy Hospital also tried hard and with no luck. He finally froze my leg and then cut around the trebles with a scalpel to get them out.

Attachments

• 2hooks2.jpg
    2hooks2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
I tell everyone on the boat to wear some sort of glasses as well. Have had a ton of lures come back at us with lightening speed. I use to fish with the Luhr Jensen Hot Lips Ultra-Deep Diver 3/4oz which brought me down to the 30 foot range. When reeling back in while trolling, the lure would come flying out of the water and right at you. The double trebels are a pain and now I stick to Silver streak single treble hooked lures. Less work getting it out of the fish as well as the net.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks