OMC Cobra

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
What are your guys thoughts on OMC?
Are parts hard to come buy? Pricing compared to merc? Are parts interchangeable?

I've had a 1990 2.3 lt. OMC Cobra since 1998. There are some parts that are discontinued. Sierra as well as Mallory makes a lot of parts such as electrical and impellers. Plugs are still available. Merc Impellers look very close BUT are a wee bit bigger causing them to wear out after about 3 long trips out to deep waters of Erie. Never had any issues with motor or outdrive {the carb might need some work and haven't looked for parts for it yet}. I would even look at replacing ignition with electronic. Haven't compared prices. Hope this helps.

This company can provide you with a replacement outdrive. J and J marine carry solas props that wok great. Many parts are interchangeable from a merc if it is the same year, block make, and displacement.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks