Old wives tale?

fishnhunt

Wondering about steel shot and full choke fixed barrel. I've been told by so called experts that it is a no no. Anyone had any experience with this good or bad? Barrel's blowing off or expanding or no problem..
Would love to hear opinions..

Won't blow up but will and can bulge the end of the barrel after repeated use. That's why they recommend mod for steel. Or chokes designed for steel.

After shooting steel well before it was mandatory in LP, I've found that by even trying to tighten up your choke the shot doesn't hold a proper pattern! It will break up & basically spray!! The days of using a #4 lead shot 3" was a true duck killer with full choke!!! I personally have found improved cylinder along with 2 & 4 shot 3.5 shells will take most everything over your decoys! This will keep you from sky busting 60 yarders cuz the steel will lose its velocity before it gets to far out! Hope this helps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks