Old Cut-Saturday Jan.18

jumbos

Took my son Bryce out on the the ice for his first time at Long point Bay today. The wind/snow was to say the least brutal. Ice conditions are good, with just a bit of snow on, so cleats are a must if your walking and if your on an atv, chains are advisable. Ice was 8" thick where the huts are, and no issues going out or coming in, just take a quick look when you hit the pressure crack. Had everything along to make a day of ice fishing fun for the little man. We had chicken noodle soup for lunch, some hot coco, chocolate chip cookies and of course every kids favourate cheese fishies. Thought for a while that cheese fishies were the only fishies we were going to see today, but a small school of perch came through for us. The fishing might have been bad, but between the hot lunch, and the sweet snacks, Bryce's first experience on the bay in winter was a good one. He said it was a little strange to be on the bay with the bike instead of the boat. For me the ice is ok, but the boat is a whole lot nicer.....lol. A few pic's from today.

Your not alone not catching much, been doing the same, at least you got out and had a good time with the little man, our future angler.
Great report and pictures, thanks for sharing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks