Off Topic Old boat

Bay_Fishing

There tearing down a old barn in the village and this is inside they say it's from 1920-1930 ish brand is a Hudson. it has a flat 6 motor in the middle. I'll be honest that I've never seen a boat like this before was pretty cool to see. 20200922_122933.jpg20200922_122957.jpg20200922_123319.jpg20200922_123013.jpg20200922_123722.jpg

For the age it looks awesome . The top is all walnut and the bottom is cedar they say. The elderly lady that owns the property says she can remember going for boat rides in it in the late 40s and early 50s

Not sure what there doing with it yet. I think the goal is to get it out on one piece as there is a beam laying in the very front of the boat

Could they remove the excel to drop it down on the frame and drag it out with a tractor.
Shame to damage it.
Maybe dig a trench infront of the wheels to lower it. Just some ideas.

Zoom boom to lift the beam and floor so no one is inside is what I was told. Hopefully I can get some pics once it's pulled out.

The top is probably mahogany or teak. They can both look a lot like walnut depending on the finish but are way more rot resistant and durable.

I would be very interested in taking that project on. (And I have access to a zoom boom.)

My boat is a 1988 and is registered as a 30E. That boat is registered as 48E so was registered later than 88.
Maybe registration wasn't required when it was made.
Looks like a nice project boat that I would be interested in.

My boat is a 1988 and is registered as a 30E. That boat is registered as 48E so was registered later than 88.
Maybe registration wasn't required when it was made.
Looks like a nice project boat that I would be interested in.
...that's not how the boat registration system worked..In years gone by, boat registration was handled by the local Customs house..usually an inland "port"..the Customs offices were all given their unique prefix for licensing such as 7E, 75E, 48E etc. The boat would carry that registration number throughout its life even if it moved outside the geographical area..For example 7E was a Chatham registration prefix (or could have been issued in Tilbury or Ridgetown since they were suboffices of Chatham)...Windsor was 75E...etc. etc..also prefixes were assigned in alphabetical order..Chatham 7, Windsor 75..I'm not sure who does the licensing now. I know Service Canada did for while or if it is now a function of Transport Canada but whoever is doing it would have the master list of prefixes and port numbers...

Oh that makes sense and answers my question. Thanks for the info.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks