Off Topic Okay bad wind and waves... so a crazy question...

Darkofish

Has anyone tried a boat stabilizer?

Seakeeper has one that can be installed on a boat as small as 23 feet (and as luck would have it, my boat is 24.5 feet long...)

I know its crazy expensive - but if it gets me on the water more and my time on the water is more enjoyable... maybe????

Would love to hear if anyone has any experience with it.

Would also be interested in how it changes the trolling presentation.

Hi Darko, I read a post on a saltwater forum where a guy installed one in a 23 foot Boston Whaler, I'll see if I can find it. Like you said, crazy expensive and it didn't seem like it was worth it on that size boat.

Try the Amish outfitter trolling bags. Run one off each side of the boat. Totally takes the roll out of the boat while trolling

Try the Amish outfitter trolling bags. Run one off each side of the boat. Totally takes the roll out of the boat while trolling
2nd that, bag on each side settles alot of the rock n roll

I will try the bags approach (I have one - not hard to get another) - but I sense this cause my motor to run at a higher RPM. That's not too big of deal - perhaps instead of using kicker I will need to use the main

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks