OK This recipe is too good to keep to myself.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Tried a "new" recipe today. Although I've had lemon pepper on fish in many different ways, as a sauce, by itself done on the BBQ, mixed in with chili powder, mixed in with batter, mixed in with regular bread crumbs, etc etc, I'd never tried it mixed in with fine ground salted crackers, because in my opinion, ground up crackers would soak up too much of the oil or the butter. But I was bored, so I played in the kitchen and I tried that today. Heated the pan with nothing in it until it was good and hot, then threw some garlic butter in and once it was melted, I put the breaded perch into it. They came out nice and crispy. (key was heating the pan first, then adding the garlic butter, then the fish) Next time I think I'll use unsalted crackers tho, it's a little too salty (because of the crackers) for my taste, and I put salt on damn near everything, so for me to say that is saying something, but it was good, and now it's gone.

Attachments

• Breaded Lemon Pepper Perch.jpg
    Breaded Lemon Pepper Perch.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 56
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks