Ojibwa on the way ?

I'm not really sure who even owns all that property but I met some folks who are in the know on everything Burwell and promised to share a drink with in the near future so I will see what the thoughts are. Right now it seems to me that there are lots of ideas for the area but it will take some time and backing to make many of them move ahead. Its a small community with lots of politics but even more heart. Until all the dust (or silt) settles lets continue to support the museum and the local marinas and bait shops who have supported this project all along.

PS. A huge apology to Sonnyuphi for totally hijacking his thread!!

G. Mech. don't go, you can't leave us now. Quit that day job. So many of us are hooked on your REALity reports. We'll always be wondering what is happening. Thanks for all you've reported up till now.If by chance you get any more time off, please keep us in the loop. Thanks again, GPS

GPS is right We will miss your reports. I looked forward to them every day also. But I also understand how thr day job can grt in the way of things . thank you

John R

Okay, one last quick report....The Ojibwa reached the foundations just after 7:00 pm last night and is being fastened down on its bearing plates. A couple of pics from the last 100 yards from around 4 pm:

100_0371.jpg

100_0372.jpg

No apologies G.Mech ,you did a fantastic job of keeping everyone interested informed and the photos -well a picture is worth a thousand words - so you gave us the equivalent of "War and Peace " here as we realized what a huge undertaking this project really was .
My thanks to you !If you are ever down at the end of Old Cut drop by for a "pop" !
Sonny Kozak

I would also like to thank you for the updates and the great pictures. The link that lets you follow a ship anywhere in the world is also great. The grandkids will love following the ships across Lake Erie, especially the ones we can see. Thanks again and I also offer you a cold beverage if you are at L.P.

Hi all.

G.Mech.

Thanks for the pictures and updates.

I am guessing that big knob on the top, bow, is the fish finder:)

Cheers, Clark

Very well chronicled G.Mech...Almost as good as being there...Thanks for a great job....I can't wait to make the tour....
Not sure if everyone knew about this camera...
http://www.deepsecretfishing.com/mcam2.shtml
Dave

quote:
Originally posted by Walleye

I am guessing that big knob on the top, bow, is the fish finder:)

Cheers, Clark

One thing I figured out is that Submariners are easily offended when people use incorrect submarine terminology in discussions. For example, one ex Ojibwa sonar operator piped right up and corrected another ex navy guy for calling the submarine a 'ship' when it is really supposed to be called a 'boat'. I'm pretty sure he would be very, very upset that you just called his Sonar Dome a 'fish finder' despite the fact that really, that's what is is:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks