Off Topic Oil ... Crushed

I dont believe the price of gas has anything to to with the price of oil anymore as it is bought ant sold by speculatots as near as i understand it

I just got 200 liters of gas yesterday @.070 a liter at the reserve just down the road when the oil was $17 a barrel. Today it's $11 a barrel, guess I should have waited. It's probably $.60 a liter or less as the price change is always almost immediate at the Bear Creek Gas Bar due to the mass volume of fuel sold there every single day?

Just checked the Bear Creek website and as of this morning they are also closed.

Last edited:
funny the price of gas at the pumps in Brantford is creeping up----saw some prices at .80/litre

Damn Speculators are the problem take the asshole in the suit and tie out of the equation,bastard doesnt even get his hands dirty.We dont need them anyway.

We are still getting robbed...proceed in the states in still almsot half what it is here.. 76 cents in Norfolk today...

@Wave Runner Is that just before Melboure ? I think passed that before..
Yes Red that's the one. I checked their website and it is shutdown as of this morning. That's busiest gas station I think I've ever seen you can't believe how many cars, trucks, motor homes, boats, transports etc. even farm tractors go through there every day. :wacky: They have 2 pumps for premium, 14 for regular gas as well as 3 Clear Diesel pumps, 1 satellite pump for transports and 2 coloured diesel pumps. They sell pretty well everything there and have a Subway inside. They will lose a lot of cash during the shutdown I'm sure. ??

Yes Red that's the one. I checked their website and it is shutdown as of this morning. That's busiest gas station I think I've ever seen you can't believe how many cars, trucks, motor homes, boats, transports etc. even farm tractors go through there every day. :wacky: They have 2 pumps for premium, 14 for regular gas as well as 3 Clear Diesel pumps, 1 satellite pump for transports and 2 coloured diesel pumps. They sell pretty well everything there and have a Subway inside. They will lose a lot of cash during the shutdown I'm sure. ??
did they sell smokes too Bob---the one I mentioned does high volume on them as well as gas

did they sell smokes too Bob---the one I mentioned does high volume on them as well as gas
Oh yes Gord by the truck load. They have been lined up freezing for hours every day to get them so sure glad I don't have that habit. Because they were one of the very few reserves still open for business people were coming from all over even Goderich etc. to buy cartons. I don't know what all the smokers are going to do because they closed up this morning until further notice. :cigar: :woot: If chancing covid-19 just to get smokes doesn't deter one to quit I guess nothing will. :rolleyes:

According to Wikipedia...in Ontario we pay about 35 cents per litre on regular gas. The Ontario excise tax and our beloved Carbon tax don't fluctuate, so as the price per litre goes down...it becomes a much higher percentage per litre. Then with the HST ..apparently we are paying about 35 cents. The oil and gas companies are going bankrupt with the price of oil where it is and yet our Govts. continue to tax us...but hey..we are saving the planet with the carbon tax ! >>rolls eyes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks