Off Topic? Rat

Splinter didn’t raise four teenage mutant ninja turtles just to get caught in a silly trap.
will have to do better if you plan to bag em and tag em

teenage mutant ninja turtles facepalm GIF
teenage mutant ninja turtles basketball GIF

Derkd9, you sure that bugger hasn't been eating to many brownie- bud's? Thats huge. Mc Giver rat here lives on, 8 different snap traps, one live catch trap, 6 glue boards, baited with all that have responded suggest and more. When I get him I may have him mounted, a worthy adversary.

Derkd9, you sure that bugger hasn't been eating to many brownie- bud's? Thats huge. Mc Giver rat here lives on, 8 different snap traps, one live catch trap, 6 glue boards, baited with all that have responded suggest and more. When I get him I may have him mounted, a worthy adversary.
Yah I couldn’t believe it thought there was a cat in the warehouse at work when I first spotted it out the corner of my eye
I think he had got all high on the poison we lay out for them the way he was just chillin out in the opening.
was his mistake I didn’t hesitate and ran him over.

Yah by the sounds of it you better just name him and section an area designated for him, hang a stocking at Christmas and set out a dinner plate

good luck! 🤞

In one month I have caught 1 rat in my chicken coop and cannot catch the remaining buggers. I am using a live trap, 2 victor snap traps and 2 plastic easy set traps with peanut butter, deli meat, cheese, chicken food and cracked corn for bait.

Traps are placed beside the 3 holes these rats have created along with 2 beside the chicken feeder. Nada.

First time in 4 years we have had rats and I cannot believe how hard they are to trap. I'm almost at the point of sitting out there with the 12 gauge and turning them to red mist....

Need someone with a mink trained to hunt down rats
Seen some cool videos on YouTube with them chasing down rats. And they have a dog to grab the ones that get away from the mink.

I think everyone has posted every trap and poison available but there is no mention of natures greatest pest control a cat. I picked a kitten out of a barn a year ago and anytime I notice rat/mouse shit in shed i put him out there for the night next day he has the pests lined up on the workbench. Not to mention keeps the spiders in the house under control.

A Jack Russel Terrier would make short work of him as well.

Not sure about a mink, they're frigging mean, but I have herd of horse farms that keep a ferret not to hunt rats but just their smell/scent keeps them away, not that a ferret can't put the bite on ya either.
As for the Jacks, absolutely, we had two till a yr or so ago, 15 and 16 when they passed. Tireless hunters. As to the dogs, it does make a big difference, our big dog passed a few weeks ago, about the time Mc Giver rat moved in, he was a Shepperd/Wolf hybrid, almost 14yrs, my wingman. So now were a dogless house, maybe shopping for another dog but not going to rush, and now with this corvid shit, has the price of dogs gone crazy or am I that far out of touch? Mixed breeds, we used to call them mutts, guess there called designer bred now, $2500 and up?
As for a cat, sorry cat folks but I'll buy a collar for the rat and teach him to fetch before getting a cat??
Not a speck of food left out anywhere here, trap line downstairs looks like a mine field, snap traps, 3 types, cage trap, glue boards, and layed out poison yesterday, he's good, but I will get him??

My Cairn terrier is the oldest breed of terriers dating back to the 1500s. They look cute and cuddly but are trained rat killing assassins from the cairns of Scotland and can even take down badgers and they are some nasty. Mine is great at killing stuffed rats as well. 😂

1605989509066.png

Keeshonds are another breed that'll make short work of such unwanted visitors. Originally bred as barge dog to kill rats, they are a great dog. I was out walking with mine in the field one day and she took off like a shot before I even knew it. She had never done that before. In a split second she grabbed a gopher that stuck its head up out of a hole by the back of the neck, broke it all in one swift movement, dropped it and then calmly strode back to my side. I had never seen her behave like that before. She was fantastic with the kids and a neighbourhood favourite and loved the boat and fishing - although sometimes, when I was river fishing she was just a bit too excited by the incoming catch, thinking it was for her.

In one month I have caught 1 rat in my chicken coop and cannot catch the remaining buggers. I am using a live trap, 2 victor snap traps and 2 plastic easy set traps with peanut butter, deli meat, cheese, chicken food and cracked corn for bait.

Traps are placed beside the 3 holes these rats have created along with 2 beside the chicken feeder. Nada.

First time in 4 years we have had rats and I cannot believe how hard they are to trap. I'm almost at the point of sitting out there with the 12 gauge and turning them to red mist....
Try placing your traps along the side of the chicken coop or wall. Mice and rats like to run along walls or sides to stay hidden and try using pieces of hotdogs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks