Off Topic, Green House

can't miss

Anyone have one and how is it? Wifey has wanted one for a while, we've had the deck blow away models, and even the instant white car port garage, nature got them all? So I'm thinking, depending on price of course, a hard frame model. Stand up size, big enough for a chair. Think she see's it as a winter she shed sunroom? Tried to explain. I don't think mid Feb, she's going to be growing tomatoes, night time temps and I'm not planning on heating it?
Guess my questions are what plants can I start early, or grow late season if it's below freezing at night? We have a huge garden, but remains wet long into spring, space is no problem, so looking at early start for transplant.

Think back on what you grow the last few years that you can’t harvest until late summer early fall when the nights are cold and wet and you start getting diseases for example tomato plants..
start them early so they are producing while the climate is still decent
I think you’ll still need a heater in there if it’s 0 and slightly below

Greenhouse with no heat probably be good late March early April starting seedlings you’ll probably still want a heat mat out there with no heat

Thanks' D, pretty much the way I see it. Get this, we still have harvestable kale growing, snow on top of it! Ground here never freezes.
I like my green's, but not kale, not with cheese, vinegar, butter, in a salad, it's like eating weeds, not that I'm against that, just yuck??

Not a fan of kale myself either,
You could probably do a few rounds of spring mix lettuce and stuff similar to that in the early spring and late fall while it’s hovering around zero, maybe need a little bit of heat, but they are quick crops and good for salads and on sandwiches..

That’s funny because I was laughing the other day I planted a dracaena (tropical plant) in the garden last summer, it come out of a damaged patio pot so I stuck it in the ground just because
well even with these temperatures it’s still green..

C5C8BA58-44CA-4CF6-BC4F-1066AA62FA98.jpeg

Lots of good info on the internet ? Where to buy or how to use ? I'm lucky I have a nieghbour that has two fair size heated greenhouses and she has organic tomatoes ,lettuce and English cukes growing already. You step inside and swear you just got off the plane in Cuba !

Old Cut, yes Ive been cruising the internet highway of info, over the yrs we've toyed with the plastic aluminum frame tent stuff, but nature eventually got them? Think I'll bite the bullet and get a hard frame, solid base of some sort. Room and reg's here are no prob, so what the hell?
Think I do have to hide your response from the other half, off the plane in Cuba, heated and room to sit, she'll have the foundation poured today? Thanks

...you guys sure you are growing tomatoes??...might need something that will grow at least 4 plants...to maybe 4 or 5 ft tall???

My son just took a vehicle shelter after the plastic went for a dumper, relocated it, wrapped it in heavy poly, built frames and installed screen doors on both ends.

ghouse.jpg

His first shot at it and it worked quite well, he had a pretty decent variety of veggies etc.

I picked him up a new one for his vehicle so The Wife has informed me. LOL

Sure hope I bought at a really good discount. :unsure::rolleyes::LOL:

Last edited:
Hey can’t miss, we put up a greenhouse last year. Set it up in March, just as the stuff was hitting the fan. Wife started seeds right away, so through the end of March and early April, the days were nice and warm in there, but nights we ran a space heater to keep the temps above freezing. We were eating fresh romaine by early May. She started a variety of things in there and transplanted to the garden.
The greenhouse we got was made by Palram. Can get them at Costco, Peavey Mart (formerly TSC). It cost a bit, but seems to be holding up well so far. Granted it is only 1 year old, but it has stood through some winds. We have an 8’x12’. Seems to be lots of room. Wife spent a lot of time in there, had a chair set up so she could sit and read to enjoy the warmth. On sunny days where air temp was 2-3 degrees, it would feel like 20-24.
We are located near Langton, if you want to see this one, let me know.
Like I said, it cost a bit, but it should last for years. And I believe in “happy wife - happy life”.

I can’t remember his name but there’s a fellow in Courtland that are making high quality homemade little greenhouse and sheds like this. I’ve seen one and I was impressed.

I can’t remember his name but there’s a fellow in Courtland that are making high quality homemade little greenhouse and sheds like this. I’ve seen one and I was impressed.
Hand crafted likely be better than any box set you could purchase from a big box store.

Greenhouse is like heaven to be in this time of year
But working in one in the middle of the summer heat wave is likely similar climate to that of Hell
hahahahaha

I purchased a shelter for my boat this year, it was okay, but then I saw these things... and I was like F me, why didn't I think to add DIY in front of my shelter search. Anyone want to buy a 28' x 12' x 14' tall temp shelter? I'll deliver and help you install it!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks