Off Topic- Generator's

I'm stuck using the system that is here as I don't own the property but the instructions were that the Main Breaker (200 amp) is to be switched to OFF thereby disconnecting the house from the grid. Not sure when this system was installed but the house is 40 years old and by the looks of it was professionally done. I used it once and didn't get a flash and bang just the genny doing a gentle surging in RPM.

I don't have a generator, but my whole network is on redundant UPSs if that helps. :cool: Sump pump has a back up too.

In the case of a power outage our gas fireplace would still work so we wouldn't freeze. SOL for water though. Just whatever is pressurized in the pressure tank is it.

Watching the millions without power in Texas, decided to fire up my genny yesterday, tuned and ran in the fall, but old brigg's and strat was having none of it in yesterday's cold. Did get it humming away eventually, but took a bit, wouldn't have been to happy if needed at 3 AM?
Curious how many have back up power? Guessing with generator prices fairly reasonable anymore, more have them, then not?
Hi I could help you with that as I install generac generators and generlink systems auto or manual set ups

I'm stuck using the system that is here as I don't own the property but the instructions were that the Main Breaker (200 amp) is to be switched to OFF thereby disconnecting the house from the grid. Not sure when this system was installed but the house is 40 years old and by the looks of it was professionally done. I used it once and didn't get a flash and bang just the genny doing a gentle surging in RPM.
If you have to shut off main breaker then that system is probably illegally connected and

I have a 5500 watt unit that's come in handy quite a few times. I have a special plug between the meter and the house and it plugs into that. A trick I learned last year was to run high test in it. Before in the cold I had to use Quick Start every time but now it starts up no problem. The only thing I wish it had was electric start. TC

2BIN8R ; Not illegal just old . The house is over 40 years old and a lot has changed since then. I know Generac has been around for 60 years but old farmers being old farmers did what old farmers do. No offence meant to any old farmers out there. LoL !

BTW; Nice of you to offer assistance to another member but Stomp gets a little funny about businesses using his site without sponsorship. Not accusing , just letting you know.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks