off subject---weather forecasts good call bad call

packrat

had a trip planned for today for some DWP out of Burwell

forecast was not looking good and seemed to be going down hill with rain and lightning being called for. sat it out before making the decision NOT to go. Friday still not looking great with 70 o/o rain according to TWN.

so I pulled the plug and then watched the forecast change up just about every hour---now down to sunny periods but still CHANCE of showers. been there done that being caught on the lake.

what do I wake up this morning to-----you guessed it clear skies with some clouds----just starting to get overcast now.

my buddy is NOT a happy camper

MY BAD:oops::dead: "think I'll just stay here and drink"--merle haggard

Last edited:
I hate the weather forecast:mad:

I had a group cancel for today when it is quite fishable. o_O

There is a law suit against these forecasts by the Golf Course Association. They are tired of bad forecast chasing customers off:cool:

Who else but the weather dept could screw up as often and still have a job ? Perhaps they should concentrate on an accurate one or two day forecast rather than these seven to nine day jokes

Better forecasts can be found by looking at aviation forecasts. look at London, Hamilton, Erie, Detroit and Cleveland and interpolate. They still make mistakes but tend to be more realistic.

Cheers, Clark

Mafor Numbers are more accurate....and nobody can predict weather 3&4 days in advance...that's my thoughts..

something just fell from the sky and its wet, and not much of it----must be the rain we were promised:censored:

going to try again for NEXT Sunday-----I've been forbidden to look at TWN until AFTER we're done:D:ROFLMAO:

I didn't fish this morning either because of the forecast. Imagine how many people cancelled something today mid July and what affects it has on the economy.

I'm thinking the marine forcast is a lot different than the overland forcast.....

My motto is yes keep the projected weather forecast in mind and never make the final decision until the morning of your trip and then check with Intellicast. com to look at the radar and see if the area you are planning to fish is actually going to be impacted. Just looked at it a few minutes ago, whatever we were supposed to get has been dispersed and was like that earlier around 1pm. I can just picture your friend being rather animated about today...:whistle:

Gord gord GORD only you would believe the Weather Guessers :notworthy: you gotta know by now to stick your head out the winder and find out for yourself :banghead: some times what is happening at home is not happening else where my Friend :) the so called weather guessers make what is know as a WAG .....WILD ASSED GUESS !!! might as well go back to matt hayes weather wheel of weather ROFL .....for those of us that are old enough to remember such CRAP :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks