OFAH re fishing

Real Therapy

Not to rehash previous posts . I got an email back from the OFAH regarding fishing . Fishing is open ,BUT, for many of us you have to travel to get there. Thats the problem . NO nonessential travel is allowed . Driving down the road with a boat trailer or ATV trailer for ice fishing is just putting a big red x on your back . No way to justify it and believe me ive thought about it . Some OPP wouldnt do anything but some would surely enforce it and i think you would be hard pressed to plead ignorance or poor judgement . ( sort of like our government officials travelling south on vacation and saying it not thought through .We all know thats a load of Bull@#$t. ) I guess im carving and painting decoys in my spare time instead of fishing! Just thought I would try to clear up the question of could one go somewhere . Im just not going to risk it and I am in the public eye so need to do as requested by our Leaders .

Thread from yesterday

Well it is also complaint based too. Judging by the comments at the bottom of this article, a ton of people in North Bay will be complaining about people outside their area fishing.

St Thomas police made a statement saying they will support the re opening act and enforce it
But they will not be stopping people or entering dwellings to question people. but will be forwarding every complaint to bi law officers and every complaint will be investigated is what was said in their statement

Members, guest, why so much discusst about restrictions? How would you handle this crap/shit? Don't see many answer's here. Just bitching. Please stop with the work arounds, the I can't, but they can.
Hospitals are full, so you can't go do what you want,? This shit suck's. but time for the big boy pants, all you have to do. is stay home
It's not the cop's, not the by-law folks, it's us,
Stay safe all

@can't miss I was worried about getting pulled over, harassed and slapped with an $880 fine simply for driving to or from work, which I do 3-4 times per day

maybe you missed the news where people in Quebec getting slapped with fines on their way to and from work
even with letters from the employer.
Yah for the courts to sort out I don’t have time for that sh*t so I’d like have to just pay it to make it go away.

So the news of the police not pulling randoms over doing spot checks is nice.

I’m guessing you’re retired and have no reason to leave your home. Some people still do have to leave their home

Reactions: jck
@Derkd9 I'm not concerned about being stopped and harassed.

I've interacted with law and regulation all my work career and can honestly say I've had little and no significant issue.

With three officers in the family, I have to go by their example and my own life experience.

If one has an issue, they will have likely contributed to it.

Everyone’s unique
I’m Usually in a hurry, don’t want to and shouldn’t have to explain myself, and again I don’t want an $880 fine.

I’m not sure if OPP plan on stopping people
But that article that someone shared earlier today there was a “suspicious” vehicle stop in Chatham which resulted in fines all around.

not all police officers are understanding. And some of them will let this go to their heads.
Which is evident by the stories of people being fined in Quebec coming to and from work and with a note from essential employer.
No disrespect to the police in your family @hvyhaul
I don’t have problems with police I have a clean record, just this re opening Ontario act is very vague and it has been left up to the discretion of the officers to deem your travel essential or not.
I’m on call 24/7 could have to run into work at anytime and all it takes is a superhero cop to pull me over in the middle of the night and decide that my travel is non essential and slap me with a big fine.
it likely won’t happen I just don’t like that it could happen lol.
to each their own I don’t expect everyone to agree with me.

Reactions: jck
No offence taken @Derkd9

I have a little over a year, or 20 minutes to retirement if work pisses me off bad enough. I figure it will take up to that to find a safe place to park the truck. 🤪🤣

At my age, I don't worry about 💩 until there's actually something to worry about. :)

Everyone’s unique
I’m Usually in a hurry, don’t want to and shouldn’t have to explain myself, and again I don’t want an $880 fine.

I’m not sure if OPP plan on stopping people
But that article that someone shared earlier today there was a “suspicious” vehicle stop in Chatham which resulted in fines all around.

not all police officers are understanding. And some of them will let this go to their heads.
Which is evident by the stories of people being fined in Quebec coming to and from work and with a note from essential employer.
No disrespect to the police in your family @hvyhaul
I don’t have problems with police I have a clean record, just this re opening Ontario act is very vague and it has been left up to the discretion of the officers to deem your travel essential or not.
I’m on call 24/7 could have to run into work at anytime and all it takes is a superhero cop to pull me over in the middle of the night and decide that my travel is non essential and slap me with a big fine.
it likely won’t happen I just don’t like that it could happen lol.
to each their own I don’t expect everyone to agree with me.

If you get pulled over by a superhero cop, just tell him your a firefighter then you will be his hero.😀

Disclaimer: Never do that. You will see tickets like you've never seen using that joke.

@hvyhaul fair enough
Maybe it’s just the way you read the word “worried” in my post
Don’t get me wrong I don’t lose sleep over it. I just like to talk about it. Or “bitch” about it as @can't miss put it :yawn:

Just always wear workboots and have a tape measure clipped on your pocket at all times. Maybe keep a coffee can of saw dust in your truck to sprinkle over if shit hits the fan.

Members, guest, why so much discusst about restrictions? How would you handle this crap/shit? Don't see many answer's here. Just bitching. Please stop with the work arounds, the I can't, but they can.
Hospitals are full, so you can't go do what you want,? This shit suck's. but time for the big boy pants, all you have to do. is stay home
It's not the cop's, not the by-law folks, it's us,
Stay safe all
I know you mean well, but for a lot of people it's not as simple as "time for the big boy pants, all you have to do. is stay home". I am a small business owner and have fortunately been considered an "essential service provider", thus have been able to supply provisions for my family. There are a lot of small businesses that have been forced to close their doors that should be able to operate just as safe if not safer than the grocery and big box stores. I have talked to Restaurant owners when they still could have indoor dining that indicated to me that at that time they had to work twice as hard for half the income they would normally generate.
Part of my answer to handle the virus would be to certainly protect the vulnerable. Most businesses should be able to stay open and serve their clientele in house following proper protocols. I know of several businesses that have closed their doors for good as a result of the limitations forced on them by the shutdowns. I dread the day when the dust settles from this pandemic and someone will end up paying for all the lost revenue and added expenses our government is incurring.
I am by no means downplaying the seriousness of the virus, and all those that have had this virus, or lost family members to it, have my deepest sympathy.

@Derkd9 in the article it said 20year olds... in my experience young men and women of that age have a hard time dealing with authority..

@EthanC I don’t think it’s fair to say that about all young adults
I’ve seen many police activity videos that depict men, women, persons of all ages not dealing with authority very well..
just the same as not all officers are going to fine you for being out and about there are bad eggs in every batch.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks