Odds for ice fishing St Williams this month ?

Huron

Well, anybody geting impatient with no safe ice (Yet ?) I'm heading up to Simcoe Wednesday morning. Will report back with something I hope. Huron.

Hi all I'm new to this forum but I've followed it for awhile now. Im definately going thru fishing withdrawals and frustarted with the poor winter we've had, but hopefully I'll get up to simcoe soon! Good luck up there on wednesday Huron looking forward to hear how you did

Looking at the two week forecast, I'd say the chances of us getting out on the ice are dwindling down to zero.
The bay should be full of perch for the spring boat season, though!
Was up at Simcoe yesterday, busy, and all the activity made the larger perch skittish. We did take 12 decent ones (10-11 1/2") home, and, released a 6-7 lb pike.

I read something online this morning, it said after the next 10 days, we should expect a cold snap and more normal temps for February. Hopefully the article is right and we can get out locally, even if only for a couple weeks!
I heard there has been people fishing from the ice at Waterford ponds recently too.

[?]:Dponds r not safe :Dwalsh just returned from waterford ponds on a monitoring look do not take any one seriously for safe ice here its open in many spots u all can fish from the road in many spots the ice is not safe as in many spots in this region do not chance it 8[?]

These guys were practicing ice rescues on the lake here in Tillsonburg and the were falling through pretty easy it was hard to tell from shore but it didn't look more than a inch or 2 were they were falling through .One thing I noticed that I would have never thought of is when these guys went through knowing they were going to ,many of them would have knocked silly from hitting their heads on the ice as they went down it was a good thing they had helmuts

icerescue.jpg

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and X-zone Lures for their support

Oh I am not crazy enough to go out on the ponds! I was just saying I had heard there were some guys out. I dont think it was any of the ponds along the road either. But after today, you would be crazy to go out on any ice! I was in Port Rowan this morning, I would say 75% of the bay is now open water. The only ice I saw was in the marina and in front of booths harbour extending to the TP marsh.

SRT8,
I bet that was pretty interesting to watch these guys doing something that the normal individual would think to be insane! I've watched a few shows how people get up and out of the ice, and while it may look easy, I'm sure it's tough when put into that situation for the first time. While I've been ice fishing several times, I'm still very leery of going out. Definitely be waiting until the soft water is here to stay. :)
Thanks for the pics.
Ken

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

odds 50:1 against for Long Point. Did Cooks Bay last Sunday and caught lots of small perch with 7-8 inches of ice. Ice reports today there are not as good as some softening and new cracks forming with water on ice. Really miss Long Point ice fishing with excellent service from Rotten Ronnies Steph and Jimmy.

quote:
Originally posted by Consequence Free

SRT8,
I bet that was pretty interesting to watch these guys doing something that the normal individual would think to be insane! I've watched a few shows how people get up and out of the ice, and while it may look easy, I'm sure it's tough when put into that situation for the first time. While I've been ice fishing several times, I'm still very leery of going out. Definitely be waiting until the soft water is here to stay. :)
Thanks for the pics.
Ken

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

Yeah it was cool and scary at the same time couple of my old buddies out there falling through the ice but they new what they were doing my little guy loves fireman,firetrucks anything like that and he would have stayed there watching all day, glad I got to see it

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and X-zone Lures for their support

Just go to nippissing boys! Was up there for 3 days and man did I get my fix. Over 300 fish, a mix of walleye and perch. The perch were nice jumbos in the 12 to 14 inch range.

Hi Dickie. Just looked at the webcam web site overlooking Booths Harbour sure confirms what you posted. Oh well, we went up to Lake Simcoe two weeks ago and had a good time ice fishing. Modest catch of perch. Still miss seeing those colorfull ice huts the guys put out on the lake, hopefully next winter. Huron.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks