october buck 94

SouthernOntariosportsman

Probally the quickest hunt i've ever had. Set out to get into afternoon stand by 3pm. Took my time walking in. farmer on other field started taking crop off, farm near by was burning leaves. I was in my treestand for no more than 10 full minutes, then a fawn comes running in, then momma doe comes in and stops in front of me at 14 yds, she was looking back, nervous,,, then for my area this big 10 point comes lips curled, huffin and grunting. didn't really have a clear shot on him, so i waited to see how this was going to play out, eventually he moved to a small shooting window and i didn't hesitate, Double lunged him, biggest buck yet for me where i hunt down here in 94. Retriever is 100lbs, deer 246lbs field dressed, 195lbs of meat came back from butcher shop.
thumbnail_IMG_7102.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7117.jpgthumbnail_68903173901__3D2303D3-C724-4911-92B5-9E16623191F7.jpg

Probally the quickest hunt i've ever had. Set out to get into afternoon stand by 3pm. Took my time walking in. farmer on other field started taking crop off, farm near by was burning leaves. I was in my treestand for no more than 10 full minutes, then a fawn comes running in, then momma doe comes in and stops in front of me at 14 yds, she was looking back, nervous,,, then for my area this big 10 point comes lips curled, huffin and grunting. didn't really have a clear shot on him, so i waited to see how this was going to play out, eventually he moved to a small shooting window and i didn't hesitate, Double lunged him, biggest buck yet for me where i hunt down here in 94. Retriever is 100lbs, deer 246lbs field dressed, 195lbs of meat came back from butcher shop.
View attachment 68581View attachment 68582View attachment 68583
Beautiful buck anywhere. Congratulations

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks