Fishing Report NY Smallies

Braggin Rights

The girls went across and fished the NY side of the lake earlier this week. Claira caught her first NY "trophy" smallie at just over 20" and 5.25lbs She caught another 5 pounder and Averie blanked. Tough when you get out-fished by your little sister. Fish were in 30-35FOW and both came on drop-shots. Lots of fish moving around but they were pretty tight lipped on Thursday. Some of our friends fished on Friday and did much better than us.

NYSMallies10.jpeg

NYSMallies05.jpeg

NYSMallies06.jpeg

NYSMallies11.jpeg
NYSMallies16.jpeg

NYSMallies09.jpeg

Attachments

• NYSMallies17.jpeg
    NYSMallies17.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 25
  • NYSMallies06.jpeg
    NYSMallies06.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 24
Well that's a tease.. Rest of us will have to wait another six weeks!

Well that's a tease.. Rest of us will have to wait another six weeks!
It's just a short drive to the Niagara River! haha
Where did you launch out of? Beauty looking smallie!
We launched in the river on the Canadian side, and drove the boat over to the US side of the lake. You need a NY license, and you can technically "keep" 1 fish over 20" each. But you can't bring the fish back to Canada, so it's catch and release!

Shorter for me since I live out this way. :) Actually Niagara is closer than LPB.
OH man, I'd be on the river fishing them all the time if we lived out there! haha Jerkbaits on the river is so much fun in the spring. You never know what you're going to catch either. Anything will eat a jerkbait.

@Braggin Rights I didn't realize this was you!! Hamm here!

It's insane how well Averie and now Claire are doing, and venturing over to the NY side! Way to go and awesome photos. I took my boys out to Port Bruce on Saturday, beauty day on the lake!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks