Novice fisherman advice

Kira

Looking to take my 78 yr old dad out on innerbay tomorrow for pike. Any tips advice? Where to go what to use? I have a 21’ boat but no trolling motor. I would either need to anchor or drift. Thanks so much.

You could probably be able to troll with big motor......i have caught lots of pike and walleye trolling 3 -3.5
But anything under 3 mph is my preference

You could probably be able to troll with big motor......i have caught lots of pike and walleye trolling 3 -3.5
But anything under 3 mph is my preference
Thanks but usually 4 mph is my slowest unless into wind. ?
I have an I/O. Not really your typical fishing boat. I’m wondering if there is way to slow down my speed mechanically some how?? I deal with proctor marine maybe they k ow how

But there’s gusts of 65 kph tomorrow that amount of wind will slow you down for sure... won’t be nice on the lake this weekend

try trimming the out drive way up so that it is pushing down and not as forward as usual. That might shave an mph or two off the speed.

I troll with a 5 gal bucket off of each side. I drilled 5 or 6 1" dia holes in the bottom. Works pretty good for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks