North shore

Puddle Jumper

I have tomorrow off work so I plan on taking my boat somewhere to start the motor break in

Forecast don't look good for south shore or longpoint ....so thinking I'll go to Bronte or Oakville ....can always play in the channel ....but north wind shouldn't be an issue

Is it worth taking rods or tackle and try for Lakers

Hi Puddle Jumper. Yo can go off Fishermans Pier and there, unless it's an East wind, is calm. And may be lakers and browns in not too deep too :)

Hey Wayne
Crystal beach, you can fish for perch in 50 ' water , don't think the docks are in at the ramp but you can always put in at point abino private boat club , they had been very accommodating in the past during the off season, best to call them first, Dominion bait usually got minnows and 24 hours self serve , I would be going but this thing called work gets in the way
It is a longer travel there than lake O for you so if not fishing just for boating you can try Hamilton Harbour as well

Hey Wayne
Crystal beach, you can fish for perch in 50 ' water , don't think the docks are in at the ramp but you can always put in at point abino private boat club , they had been very accommodating in the past during the off season, best to call them first, Dominion bait usually got minnows and 24 hours self serve , I would be going but this thing called work gets in the way
It is a longer travel there than lake O for you so if not fishing just for boating you can try Hamilton Harbour as well
My wife and I went outta crystal beach on February 3 for perch. We searched all over and got skunked, but it was a beautiful day.
Would the perch be in now?

Launch off the south shore of Ontario and troll the mud line for browns. Shallow small stick baits with planer boards.

Was at Grimsby tack today. Buddy in the parking lot rolled in with 16 footer. They got 17 (!!!!!) big browns along the shore in 9-15 FOW trolling body-baits just out in front at Grimsby

Grimsby or Jordan is usually the place to go.

My new motor has 11 min. On it . Just from the harbour test after installation

As much as I want to fish.... my first trip or 2 will be more about breaking in the motor ...so in the future I can use full throttle if need to.

20 min warm up and slowest speed
Next 100min under 3000 rpm or 1/2 throttle

Then 1 hr under 4000 rpm or 3/4 throttle

Then 7 hrs of varying speed with no more than 5 min Bursts at full power

Unfortunately I did not get out today . .but hopefully next week might suit

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks