North shore or bluff bar?

Jello

Debating where to go tomorrow morning for bass? Never been to the bar. Farthest I've gone is Pottahawk. Haven't heard of much action out there. North Shore I'd probably run out from Dover. The wind looks good (so far) for tomorrow morning.

Was out yesterday afternoon for largemouth in the bay. Stuck to the south banks and bays. Not a whole lot going on out there. Usually you'll see bluegill around and fish activity of some sort, but it seemed void of life.

We were out bass fishing for pike this morning, 6 pike , 2 large mouth , kept 4 nice eater pike , the bay was super flat, all fish taken on either red or white spinner baits , we’ve boated at least 6 pike each time out , I’m not sure it would be worth the run all the way to bluffs , I was kind of having the same debate with the misses but I think we’ll stick with what’s working B1E92358-B058-4A1E-AF74-A2F3A3135E78.jpegF76ADFDA-A579-4F7E-8255-0EF319722149.jpeg91270329-F0BA-47FD-884E-8A1BC1932396.jpeg

No shortage of pike that's for sure. I fished Sunday as well and there were pike everywhere. I was punching thick weed mats for bass and every spot held pike. Maybe the pike ate all the bass? Lol!

Tried the North Shore, Normandale area for bass today. Two young kids with me; so after 40 minutes with no fish, we headed to the beach. Water was rather murky in 10 - 18 ft.

Lots of largemouth in the bay. Check the dense weeds and stay shallow. Avoid the pencil reeds as they are pike magnets if your after bass. Last time I was out we lost count at around 40 largemouth and thats was a just 4 or 5 days ago. Largemouth are extremely vary of front changes though especially in shallow water .

Save your gas Jello! You had this debate up here a few weeks ago and if you still are debating about running down to the Bluffs I don't think it is the place for you. Now if you do decide to run down pay attention to the winds as you were informed b4. What I can tell you is I made the run Wed. afternoon to have the wind spin 270* on me between 3-8 pm. Water had a lot of sediment in it along the bar up on the inside, hunted around a bit and nephew caught a 12 pound channel cat. Needless to say that and a 1.5 pound perch was all it took to put a smile on his face. Rest of the score was a few largies and rockies. We could have caught that and more pike in the Inner Bay. Oh by the way I ran from P.P. to up inside Bluff Bar in 25 mins and when I came back I throttled at speed through the opening at Pottahawk and the roughest water was between the bar and Big Rice.... ><(((((*> on

Bluffs has been tough all summer for us this year... It's usually our favourite area to fish. I wouldn't bother making the run if it's for smallies. We fished the north shore earlier this week, and it was all sheephead with a bonus walleye in 8 FOW. If you find them, let us know! lol The east end of the lake has been better for us when it comes to smallmouth.

Bluff bar is almost always a guarantee for fish. Of the dozens of times I have been out there I have only been skunked once or twice. Plenty of bass and pike around. I’ve never had good luck for perch though.

The water can get unexpectedly rough between pottahawk and TP, but it’s usually not too bad.

BTW thanks for calling it the proper name. Bluffs is on Lake O…

I haven’t had any luck at bluff bar in the 5 times I’ve been out there, usually only an hour or so though. Fished mepps, raps and spoons in 6-18 fow and not even a follow. Some rock bass though lol

Lots of largemouth in the bay. Check the dense weeds and stay shallow. Avoid the pencil reeds as they are pike magnets if your after bass. Last time I was out we lost count at around 40 largemouth and thats was a just 4 or 5 days ago. Largemouth are extremely vary of front changes though especially in shallow water .

Most times I've been out have been the beginning or tail end of a cooling front. The days I did well were stable hot weather. Today the morning was slow, once the sun came out they turned on. Picked up 10 on frogs and 8 on a chatterbait. Sadly I couldn't stay out past noon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks