north shore/inner bay

angler

Fished the inner bay and bluff bar for the first 30 plus years of my fishing just like my uncles.
Did not fish North Shore until the last three years when I retired to Port Dover.
I must say I was missing a lot.
The bass were stacked like cordwood again today at north shore.
It seems to me that north shore is way more consistent for a lot longer than inner bay /bluff bar ever was?(at least for the last three years at the north shore)
Also seems that now the inner bay fish have more attack(musky) marks than the north shore fish, although I always thought the fish moved out of inner along to the north shore. I am not so sure now?

Could I trouble you to share more info?

I've fished LPB for years and I too have never hit the north shore.

Are you trolling the shoreline and casting the rock humps? 10 to 15ft deep?

BTW, Can I trust my GPS or are there any rocks that could spoil the trip.

Thanks!

Thanks Stomp.
I was out there once last year and its a spot I had in mind yesterday but I never got past all the fish at Normandale. I wonder if that shoal is good later in the year ,like from now on?
CB1 I will e-mail you.

Thanks Stomp.
I was out there once last year and its a spot I had in mind yesterday but I never got past all the fish at Normandale. I wonder if that shoal is good later in the year ,like from now on?
CB1 I will e-mail you.
It's been a while since I fished it @angler, so I can't recall exactly when I was there. I'm pretty sure it was in August. There is a really shallow spot and the dropoffs from the shallows were dynamite on the troll or with live bait.

You have to remember this is an exceptional year. I have fished much of the north shore looking for the undiscovered. I even found small patches of weeds that gave me largemouth I thought would make me rich. Mind you that was some ten to fifteen years ago.
The north shore between the mouth of the Detroit and point peely has been traditionally a good bet.
Bottom line is go look...if peaple are catch in fish there chances are you will never hear about it.

Back