Off Topic Normandale access up for sale.

Is that not entirely susceptible to flooding and erosion? The liability in owning must be a lot.

You would need some very good lability coverage to protect yourself. Then everyone in the area will have a hate on for you on top of that.

Just throwing it out there? 14 acres , shore front, Deal Town, hyw 3, Government surplice, ask $150, bet $100 would work? Old pump station, supposable not sewage? Claim no erosion in 50 yrs? Twsp and owners both seemed iffy? To many mabee's for me?
Not selling it, don't know the #'s to call, cool property though

Today for sale. Tomorrow we read about the new owner's million dollar cottage slipping into the lake and we're expected to feel sorry for them.

And as taxpayers, pay for the mitigation efforts.

Future site of the Channel 6-8 Playhouse? Beach Club.

pee wee herman anniversary GIF

How close are we to booking $300K in profits @Extra Virgin ?
Relax I'm good for the rest, just need to borrow a few more bucks to make our clubhouse happen.... Trust me I'm good for it! Angling wants another 200 beer coasters for the spring sale next month (y) So once we do that about a few thousand more times we will have enough to buy a lawn chair for the Normandale peir

I know the spot well , I’ve dreamed of owning it , if I sell my house and buy it , feel free to build a club house on it , but I’m gonna have to live in it too

This is happening in Ipperwash as well, it seems the Department of Natural resources has decided they should not be in the business of providing recreational spaces to the taxpayers.
So all the public land in Ipperwash is going through attrition, and any land that does not get bought up by other government agencies, or community organizations will be auctioned off. So no more bathrooms, no more parking lots, no more space for people who do not live in these communities. At the same time the Saint Clair Conservation Authority is basically putting a moratorium on any new buildings/sewage systems anywhere near the lake. Getting a permit to protect your water front property is like pulling out your fingernails.

and if their not selling it their blocking access as in Burlington pier. how can one agency sell something that is only under their guidance? to another agency----somebody please explain to this old man just what are they up to and who is making these decisions cuz I would really like to know

and if their not selling it their blocking access as in Burlington pier. how can one agency sell something that is only under their guidance? to another agency----somebody please explain to this old man just what are they up to and who is making these decisions cuz I would really like to know

Millennial environmental activists and their lobbyists...

They are selling what was the old, original fish hatchery property. The access road to the pier will still be open but no beach or parking. The county has looked after it for 10 years and will probably get first chance to purchase.

They are selling what was the old, original fish hatchery property. The access road to the pier will still be open but no beach or parking. The county has looked after it for 10 years and will probably get first chance to purchase.
OK so how would they propose you get to the pier if you have a vehicle???

The Burlington pier is the feds (Transport Canada) and this is the province. Let not give one government the credit for having all the stupidity. Even if Norfolk county could come up with the money to buy it, they'd likely just close it or sell it off again anyway because that is just what the do with public spaces.

Last edited:
This is a classic pissing match between the Province and Norfolk CO. Norfolk wants to control all the beaches.....Long Point, Turkey Point,Dover...ect. I pitty anyone who would put on offer on their very distinctive property. There would be no way Norfolk would give a building permit for it after losing a bidding war.

I am sure that it is a case of Norfolk trying to bully the province out of a very small resource because they chose to claim it by putting a garbage bucket there. Kinda like the beach access to Long Point?

The perfect solution would be to sell the property...let the who ever build their dream on the section A but only after giving life long access the parcel B to the public with a volunteer group of residents and users maintaining the lower parking area. Win win.

I guarantee that will not happen as Norfolk seems to think it has unlimited tax payer funds to drive home their agendas.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks