Non slip boat flooring

N8r

Has anyone ripped out their boat carpet and replaced with a non slip flooring? If so what did you use? Did you take it somewhere to have it done?

Thanks

I did the spray in truck bed liner myself in my Wilker. I use a good roller and went in well. Do the prep work and shoukd last a while and you can recoat easily after a year or two easily.

Reactions: N8r
I've personally used marine vinyl. I find it more comfortable on bare foot, but I know a guy or two who used truck bedliner. I actually just used a DIY bedliner kit to coat the outside of the hull of my boat (with 5% reducer) and it came out great... Make sure you prepare everything properly so you dont have to revisit this for a few years

Also I do this myself. As long as you have a sheltered place for the boat so everything can dry/cure, you will save yourself a HEAP of money

I just finished replacing all wood in a smokercraft magnum 142. I did the carpet route years ago and it just held moisture.
This time around I put in exterior grade fir plywood and after it was cut to size I coated all wood with 3 coats of 2 part system 3 S1 clear penetrating epoxy sealer. I used large head aluminum rivets for flooring. Resealed all holes I made.
Flooring I used was:
http://www.outdoorfabricscanada.com/Nautolex-Seaway--Gray-Shark_p_3482.html

I purchased the flooring at Joe Dale custom stitch east of London ( next door to London extreme powersports) I think his website is pier 73. The flooring was in next day.
The original floor was 1/2 inch plywood with carpet. I decided to go 5/8 plywood as the vinyl flooring is thinner and I could run it under live well and seat pedestal.
Lots of work but quote 1800 to 2000 to just do the floor. I also replaced all nonflooring wood with 3/4 exterior fir ..... also treated with epoxy and wrapped in marine vinyl.
Wood: $110
Sealer $104
Flooring $240
Glue $52

Have used marine vinyl(deck vinyl) on a 18 ft. sylvan,wife and I did on a weekend.
,we wrapped the lids etc. glued the floor down ,still going strong ,purchased it in St.Thomas at the home hardware

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks