No More Riggin This Year?

I see the weather buoys are on the dock In Pt Colbourne .. Long Point Lighthouse weather observations where out all year . For us living in the bay and boating at the east end of L Erie ,observations from the point are truly missed . Is this The Gov,t being cheap and not bothering to fix it ,or are they going to discontinue it. I am thinking we should start a petition to MP Dianne Finley to get Long point Lighthouse back in full Operating capacity . Just remember it was only a few years a go that Coast Guard wanted to discontinue Long Point Lighthouse completely ... . We don,t fight now it will be gone .

http://weather.gc.ca/mainmenu/contact_us_e.html
Try this web form and explain to them that the weather station at Long Point has not been providing wind speeds for several months. This goes directly to their national inquiry team so they have to take a look at it and cannot dismiss a petition. I think it went hay-wire around the first part of May.

- Dave O

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks