Fishing Report No more blood in your boat + report

fishing or farming

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Fished yesterday from Glasgow. Night tour with 2 customers. 4-7:00 roughy water. Started in 50 fow. Fished to 56 fow. Caught 7 walleye. Flicker shads and my Erie Secret harnesses did most of the work. It was so rough that one of the guys got so sick he threw up 🤢 I asked numerous times to go back in but he wanted to finish the trip. Champ!

I wanted to make a video of how to harvest a fish for a while. Got to make the video last night. I saw it on a video once on YouTube. It is the best way to harvest a fish. I am a farmer and know that we need to get the blood away from the meat for a harvest to happen probably. 73EA6A16-7C0D-4B97-ABA9-9F22C405B10E.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6353.MOV
    10.3 MB
  • FB4E42B8-F4B6-446D-9093-33B87E1C94EE.jpeg
    FB4E42B8-F4B6-446D-9093-33B87E1C94EE.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 226
Nice. Been wanting to start doing that for a while. But not having a live well sorta makes that process awkward. Was gonna try a chain stringer. But that clip and rope looks like a choice idea.
Thanks for sharing.

I use the live well on manual setting. Flushes the blood out the overflow.

Many of our rainbows bleed like they've been stuck with a knife and make a mess of the boat, just trying to get them out the net.

As soon as that is seen, high gear kicks in to get them in the pool. lol

I bleed mine in the well also. Pull the drain plug at the end of the trip and the bilge pump does the rest. Clean as a whistle

I use the live well on manual setting. Flushes the blood out the overflow.

Many of our rainbows bleed like they've been stuck with a knife and make a mess of the boat, just trying to get them out the net.

As soon as that is seen, high gear kicks in to get them in the pool. lol
@hvyhaul my live well got renamed by some of the guys I fish with its now called a transfer station/ death well 🙄
I do the same once bleed out turn on and rinse fish transfer in to ice in cooler
Rinse " transfer station " and repeat
I also sometimes bleed them over board with lip hook and on rope beside boat

The guys a champ for sure. I have a very good friend who regularly gets sick on the boat but still wants to come fishing. He regularly reels in fish while 🤮over the side of the boat. My rule has always been the same don’t get it in the boat and he never has. I just started bleeding fish a couple years ago and wouldn’t do it any other way now

My homemade stringer for bleeding them over the side. Little bit of paracord and some cheap carabiner's with a sharpened point.

Had the store bought stringers open up more then once.... bye bye fishy.🤬

Attachments

• 20210731_073746.jpg
    20210731_073746.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210731_073756.jpg
    20210731_073756.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 21
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks