No artificial baits??? Why??

dyeing

I see all of these reports of amazing catches and everybody is using minnows. They obviously work but why is nobody using stuff like jigging raps, slab grabbers or power baits???? On Lake Simcoe, if we are getting a lot of dinks, we go up a size on the jigging raps and that usually cures the problem. Maybe Lake Erie perch are smarter (or dumber) than the ones in Simcoe.;);)
Just curious guys. I'm thinking about heading down for the first time tomorrow if the weather co-operates. Inner bay probably because I have only a 15 footer. Still got to figure out where to launch.

Most go with what works best & that's minnows.
Most of the good perch catches are coming from deeper water & with the underwater current it's real tough to get smaller jigs down there and have a good sensitivity to feel the hits.

Thanks Woodsman. I never thought about heavy currents as a factor. I'll start with a W3 Jigging Rap right from the start. I hope the fish co-operate. It's a long trip for nothing if they don't.

Artificials have their place, if you are on a charter for jumbo yellow perch.. you would quickly get peeved at spending $100 ( one's share of a $500 charter) if the captain decided to use artificials instead of minnows and very little is caught.

Just my 2 cents :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks