Nippissing

Slowtrull

Getting the hard water itch .. Been awhile since I’ve fished calender bay 5 years or so , for years went out of waltonian inn ! Any one know if there still in business ? If not any suggestions on an outfitter ?

Theres many outfitters to choose from in the Callander / Nip area. Kinda depends on what your looking for. Some offer over night bungalows / some have cottage accommodations etc. I believe the Waltonian is still open. Another consideration would be timing. First of season in Callander is a sure bet. Later in season depending on ice, deeper water is sometimes better especially for variety and size. Keep in mind there is a size slot and 2 fish limit on pickerel. Might be tough getting enough for a feed but theres plenty of other action including some decent size perch, pike & the odd whitefish. I'll be there in the Canadian Caribbean
January 1st till 10th.
Tight lines
Moo

Really enjoyed going to Chilli Willies & just remember to bring enough frozen fish with U! At some point U & ur buddies will want a good feed of perch/pickeral! Haven’t had a lot of luck up there but good times staying out on ice in awesome huts???????

It is still in business ! We used glen echo last few times. Huts are OK. Fishing was ok, not what it used to be that's for sure. Pike kept us amused. Drop off in front of islands were the hot spots we were told.

Greening bay cottages runs a good operation, nice cottages and huts and always have caught a decent amount of fish

I would reccomend south shore or someone who fishes the main basin. Callander is where we go if the wind and weather are truly aweful! It's alright fishing, but nowhere near as productive as the main basin.

I use Anglers Haven every year. Last year got our feed of perch. Caught lots of walleye but only one was out of slot size. Great outfitter

Used Snowfari Adventures Feb. 18. Great folks, great service, great huts. LOTS of fish - unfortunately - very few keeper walleye - only 1 to be exact - between 5 people over 2 days, 1 night - and 2 people 2 more nights and 1 day. A dozen big perch. Lost 2 or 3 big walleye - that never came up the hole.
BUT - the outting was worth every penny.

Cheers,
Balleye

Reactions: CSM
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks