nipissing ice fishing

piker

hey everyone iam heading up to callander bay feb 20 for some ice fishing iave never fished this lake before does anyone have any tips on tackle or presentation. iam staying with rob hyatt bugalows unless someone knows anyone better to rent from. like i said ive never been up there before or been out with rob hyatt any advice would be great. hopefully we get some hardwater down here.

Rob is great call him a few days before you head up and he will let you know what seems to be working . I know they are expecting a minnow shortage so you my need to bring your own ( shinners they should have lotts of dace ).

lots of minnows there, best is a jigging spoon with a minnow or just a hook and minnow close to bottom, I use a small williams siver blue but have caught them on buck shots cleos etc. very simple.

piker............... we are heading to nipissing for the week of feb 6 , we will be closer to the french as my buddy has a cottage there , I'll post and let you no whats working and how the fishing is when we get back..................apps

apps: let me know how u make out we missed each other last year at the landing enjoy the fishing and the company

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

I am leaving friday morning for Robs place and staying in the ice bungalows. Next week i will post how we made out. He also said minnow on bottom or jigs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks