Nice weather, where you going?

jrr

I am taking a mental health day tomorrow and still undecided if I am going to go be entertained by the Salmon on Lake O or try and put some eyes in the freezer. Being relatively new to Lake Erie I haven't had a chance to head out of Burwell yet and tomorrow looks like a nice day to do it.

I drive down from Waterloo so there are a lot of options that are pretty much the same distance for me.

Is there a better place to aim? I assume the walleye are still out in 60ft(ish) of water.

Interested in where others are going as well. Best of luck to all this weekend. Should be a heck of a nice few days on the water.

Heading out of Burwell at first light. Dads 80th birthday and he wants to go fishin! Chasing the wallies first then if lake permits will head to Hastings for perch. Not going to get many days like this...lots of time yet for Lake O!!

@Double D I think I may go to Port Credit tomorrow now too. All summer I launched out of Bronte (did well). Had a few suggestions for where to launch at PC, any advice? I hear one is free? I'll be out there tomorrow on 68 (Mitchy)...not usually much chatter but I am always happy to report...

yeah the free launch is right on the river off Lakeshore Road.Goodparking next to launch area alos fish cleaning area with scale.They have 5 slips and all is quick if the Jet skis are not around

I'm planning on first trip on Ontario this year...any advice on whether salmon are at out of Bronte? are they staging close inside 50' or do I still have to head out deep.

I think Sunday is the day so any feedback you guys have to offer is appreciated.
Cheers

i posted a report for Sept 14th with depths and lures out of Credit. i would read that one things are still the same down there. once you hit a fish mark the spot and keep withing half a mile of it. You will get fish. i wasn't marking anything on my Lowrance unit at all but we killed fish

Went out of Bronte on Friday. Glass water. So nice. Didn't get lines in till 11:30am. Riggers with spoons. Down 25-100 in 260 to 320fow. Had 8 fires boating 3 nice rainbows and 1 salmon. Also had another rainbow in the net and he jumped out. Another broke my hook off the spoon, fortunately saved the spoon. Nascar was 75% of the action usually on as the cheater. Also greasy chicken. Trolled about 6 or 7 miles east northeast of bronte and back.

I went out of Naticoke and it was relatively calm for Lake Erie. We stayed in the east elbow area and finally boated a 7.5lb and 5.5lb walleye in ~90ft of water on body baits skimming along the bottom. Bait fish are being marked in ~50ft but I couldn't get anything to hit but silver bass. Which was kinda funny cause the body bait was 1/3 its size. Tried worms, tried different depths, and marked a lot of them deep and moving around. Water temp was 65-67F at the surface.

Edit: attaching a pic

IMG_5826.jpg

Last edited:
went off the back of the ship last night in 290 fow with a 10 ounce stanless hexagon jig and a hand line and caught theese bad boys, in the carribean sea they will be special gusets for the phillipino crew on sundays BBQ. yes it nice weather here in aruba everyday 33c daytime 28 c night time:eek: :p:Dlmao

tuna.jpg

Nice weather, where you going?

Well, for me this isn't the nicest weather but Sunday I'm going..............HOME!

This googan will let you have all the river, regardless of the temp. You could bring me a 'bow for the smoker tho' :cool:.

i hit Lake O at 8:30 240 feet of water and did the same as two weeks ago had two person limits of bows and 4 small salmon by 12 pm. Smoker will be working OT this fall

nice weather for us river rats is hovering around 0 celsius and blowing all the googans off the river right @Stick

The problem with those temps is the season is almost over. Tomorrow is a test run for Thorn after multiple repairs as well as her captain and crew. The Plan. Fish first light then get to work making this first stretch as safe a run as possible while awaiting more north winds. Rain would be good as long as I can time it out with some banked time at work for a roe run but I'm 1 of a very few who truly appreciate a low water start to the fall. 6-8 weeks of low water drift boat fishing would be awesome. Hasn't happened in 3 years but when it does triple digit season! Booyah!!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks