Niagara Bar Dec 23

one.last.cast

We went back to the bar yesterday and started fishing 830 am. Very different from last Sunday. Water was little darker and the current was very slow. Only 4-4 between the two of us but still happy to be out. Got a little too excited the day before and picked up a few new baits to try out. First laker was on the new swim bait and the second on the Berkeley Vibratos. I love catching fish on new baits. I’ll be back next week if the weather stays above freezing. Just when we thought we were crazy to fish in the rain Dec 23, there were at lease 20 other boats just as nuts as we were. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_6045.png
    IMG_6045.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6044.png
    IMG_6044.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6043.png
    IMG_6043.png
    615.8 KB · Views: 119
Have you tried live bait there? I usually do really good on live minnows. Also after passing the ledge if there’s no fish caught on the ledge drift 100-200 ‘ past it. You’ll be surprised how many fish are roaming the top in 10-15’.

I thought about live bait but have not tried. Good tip on drifting pass 20 ft on the ledge. I'll try that next time.

Can you fish NY waters in the boat with a NY fishing license but no passport?
I've been asked a few times by both their DEC and coast guard at art Park drift and never had to produce a passport. I have one but have never thought to bring it with me fishing there

I've been asked a few times by both their DEC and coast guard at art Park drift and never had to produce a passport. I have one but have never thought to bring it with me fishing there
Thanks Steele,
I was just thinking if your crossing a boarder weather on land or water you should have it.
I’m good either way but my buddy has no passport.

I was on the Canadian Side. You would need a NY one if you fish that side
never been there before, so i'm curious how you able to find the border? my fish finder is not smart enough to warn me border crossing. is the green buoy CAN and red one USA?bar.png

Last edited:
You only need your passport if you plan to step on land on the US side otherwise just the NY license if you plan on fishing on the US side.
I fished the US side 3 times in the spring trolling and never took my passport with me.
From what I have been told, for the bar our side is the better drift compared to the US side.

Sometimes the wind makes the best drift going into NY waters, close to the “red can”. Because of this I check the wind and buy a NY license if it looks like I’ll be fishing their side.
Fishing can be much better on that side, and the license is cheap
It’s a no brainer to buy it if fishing the bar regularly enough

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks