NF Hydro Rates

Loonietoon

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home. OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ??????
What do you think ???

You are correct we are taking it up the rear.
During the high point of the pandemic they cut all rates to the 9.4cents for 45 days I believe. And since that ended about the middle of May they jacked the price to 12.8 cents. I’m not mathematician but they are in business to make money not give us a deal. They are making up for the short fall during the pandemic and were paying the price. The old saying goes pay now or pay later.

I was naïve enough to fall for it. Can hardly wait to see how both the Provincial and Federal governments stick it to us once the pandemic is "over". Rumours of taxing the proceeds from the sale of your residence are hitting the media; during Juniors election campaign the Lieberals talked about cancelling the TFSA, betcha that comes up again. John Tory casually mentioning increasing property taxes in Toronto and once someone does it everyone else jumps on the wagon. Income taxes up, HST up. Get ready, it's gonna hurt.... really gonna hurt.

and did I hear that come October 31st, we will have to chose between Time of Use charges, or a flat rate of the governments choosing?

I heard on a news report that our Canada is now deeper in debt today than during WW2 and we have now lost our triple A credit rating in the G3 community and Ontario's deficit will very likely quadruple this year,,, way to go libtardz!!! We had better remember today what these lying ###### say come votin' time!

Red Green: We now come to the part of the show
called "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!"

Did any one seriously think that they where really going to give you a break on your hydro, or that they weren't coming back to get the $2000 per month that they handed out, or that they will really force lower vehicle insurance rates???

Has any one noticed the LARGE CHARGES on you hydro bill that Ford said would help because more people are home. OLD RATES were.....Off Peak...6.5 cents per Hr....Mid Peak ...9.4 Cents on Peak...13.2 cents..... Now all 24/7 as of June 1st .....12.8 cents per Hr..... Where are they SAVING US MONEY ??????
What do you think ???

The rates you quoted are out of date. There was a rate increase last November. The 12.8¢ price we are being charged now is midway between off-peak and mid-peak.Capture.JPG

What would you consider a fare price, free?
Three bed ranch here, electric hot water, oven, dryer, water pump, lighting, electronics, ect. Average bill $130 monthly. Please check my math, but using 31 day month, I get $4.20 per day, step further, 24 hr day, thats $0.17 per hour. Most spend that on a coffee and donut daily?
Ont is big, grid doesn't run for free? reliability isn't to bad compared to some country's.
Not looking for a pisser, more curious what people think it should cost??

What would you consider a fare price, free?
Three bed ranch here, electric hot water, oven, dryer, water pump, lighting, electronics, ect. Average bill $130 monthly. Please check my math, but using 31 day month, I get $4.20 per day, step further, 24 hr day, thats $0.17 per hour. Most spend that on a coffee and donut daily?
Ont is big, grid doesn't run for free? reliability isn't to bad compared to some country's.
Not looking for a pisser, more curious what people think it should cost??
I believe that we should have a fair price considering ours is sold to the US and we buy alot of it back. True fact

Our excess juice is sold, helping to keep our price down, rather than spilling water or shutting down nukes witch are costly to restart. Very seldom do we buy energy from US anymore.
But like I asked, more interested in what people think electricity should cost? 17 cents per hr for all we use it for, sounds cheap, what would you consider fair?

Considering 12.8 per hr just put my Hydro bill from 75.00 per month up to 154.00 is a big jump and l live in a 1 1/2 story home in the hammer with natural gas water heater & Furnace and l'm the only person here and not always home. My fathers place was just over 100.00 and he past a way last year and no one in the house. Can not Justify that at all

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks