New York Smallies Video

Braggin Rights

Hey all!

Thought I'd share the video from the girl's smallmouth trip a week and a half ago. Looks like good wind this weekend for those who are looking to scratch the bass itch on the US side of the river or lake.

Hope you enjoy the vid.

Cheers,
Ryan, Averie and Claira

Great vid. Can you bring the one fish back into Ontario given the season is closed?

My understanding is that you can't bring them back. I realized after the upload that we actually had cut her saying that out of the edit by accident.

I have some buddies who fish tournaments on the US side of the lake in the spring. (2 fish limit - 1 each over 20") They launch and fish the derby on that side of the lake and the fish are released. If you really wanted to catch a fish of a lifetime and get it stuffed, you could probably bring it in to a taxidermist on that side of the border. That being said, some good photos and measurements enable a replica which in my opinion looks better than any mount and the fish gets to live another day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks