New to site

duck-bear

Hi everyone, new to the site just want to give myself an introduction. I love reading the reports on the site. right now I am the young ladd trying to take up the family fishin' with the ol man since it died down about 15 yeas ago. This is our second year of fishing the great lakes.

we went out on sunday, and fished 6-10 and ended up with 1 ticket of walleye and 1 white perch. in the morning started fishing out of 63ft, then once light hit moved deeper to 64-65 ft. fished between burwell and bruce. Ripplin redfin gold/black worked best taking 4 fish and greasy chicken wing off the rigger took 2, 10 colour lead worked best with the redfin.

The boats name is fishn delight right now but will be changed on later to duck-bear, 17' wilker hope to see you all droppin lines one day.

Anyone know what is working in bronte/lake ontario? heading there tomorrow.

Thanks,

Duck-bear

b1406b73.jpg

Hi duckbear .We were at fishermans pier sunday aug19th,went 10 for 10,2 chinooks 8 rainbows.Only ran riggers with spoons.Bloody nose,blue dolphin were by far the best spoons going.Go early fishing shutdown shortly after 12.

We had riggers set at 40 to 55 ft,tried lower with no results also leads were 40 to 50 ft back from the cannonball.We were also using cheaters which worked well.

Welcome to the site duck-bear. For up to date fishing reports anywhere on Lake Ontario try www.spoonpullers.com which is a very good website. You will have to register then you can check out all the reports. Just a heads up, make sure you are carrying a proper navigational map of the area of the lake your fishing. They have been giving fines of $280 out to everyone they are stopping to check out. They could care less if you have a GPS with Navionics mapping with navigational aids and that's pure nonsense to me but it's the law now. Lots of articles on spoonpullers about it to read. That can ruin a good days fishing in a hurry so just a word of warning. Hope you have a good outing on Lake "O". 8D

duckbear forgot to say we were out in front of bronte in 224ft to 270ft of water I could see bronte on my gps mapping,guessing about 7or so miles out.Wallywalleye is right about the map,I picked one up at Natural sports in Kitchener for that area map#2055 .$20 PLUS Tax another govt tax grab.Iam pretty sure that was the #of map.Natural sports #is519-749-1620.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks