new to launching at burwell - info please

Rob V

Looking for some info from those on the board who I know have the experience. I moved away from London recently to Tillsonburg and I now expect I'll be launching from Burwell instead of Bruce as I have for the past several years. Is there only one place to launch in Burwell (bradfields) or is there a launch in the provincial park also ? I noticed a sign opposite the entrance to Bradfields but it looked like a private campground/park - is that launch open to the public ? If the only option is Bradfields - where do people park when it gets busy season ? I was there this past Saturday scouting the place out and I couldn't figure out where people would be parking their vehicles/trailers. Also - where does a person typically get bait when they launch in Burwell ? thanks for any info - I'm just trying to ensure I've got the info I need when the time comes.

Big Otter marina is North of the bridge, Bradfields is South. Driveways face one another. I have no issues with either one to launch my 18' but the water can get a bit shallow up the river with a bigger boat I think.

Last edited:
one across the road is big otter marina his name is mike good guy has bait and lots of parking he even picks u up if u have to park far away from the dock is where I launch from and where I tell people to go ramp is not as steep at big otter

thanks fellas - looks like I'll shoot for big otter - if I can get my bait there and launch all at the same time that sounds easier to me (unless it's a lot busier than bradfields)

Stompin Tom did the Snowmobile song too.....it will certainly get the Tillsonburg song out of your head!

It is "Stomps" website so we'll have to go with the flow....sorry about the Hijack RobV but he started it!

Stomp'n Tom put the 'burg on the map ! And that album took a lot of abuse during my days in university !!

I grew up on a tobacco farm - those were the best of days !

Robv...I'v been launching out of Port Burwell for years now...and there is parking for plenty of cars/trailers....good bait...and advice for 'perchin'...I find it best to go east to the barn re "silver"...or a little further to the sand hills...or a little further to hastings...about 18 miles one way...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks